SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144583)

BradleyRR 09-21-2009 10:43 PM

Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3344]Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds[/drupal]

[quote]You may recall a couple of months ago GM had an auction, liquidating lots of classic cars. They even pulled the last built Saturn Ion out of the museum it was in to put it up for bidding. Well, this is that car. It was also featured in at least two articles on this website ([URL="http://www.saturnfans.com/cars/ion/auction-block-last-saturn-ion"]here[/URL] and [URL="http://www.saturnfans.com/cars/ion/flashback-friday-last-saturn-ion"]here[/URL]). This Saturn Ion is in fantastic shape, as it was stored in a museum. It now has 2,500 miles on it.[/quote]

saturn 51 09-22-2009 01:23 PM

Re: Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds

Lets take a poll. guess at which mileage the front lower control arm bushings will need replacement

spork 09-22-2009 02:46 PM

Re: Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds

It is really the last "real" Saturn. Built at Spring Hill, plastic body, and small. Though some might argue that the last S series was the last "real" Saturn.

I consider my L to some sort of weird mutation, and the metal bodied ones to be badge-engineered GM cars.

davidsky 09-22-2009 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=saturn 51;1517373]Lets take a poll. guess at which mileage the front lower control arm bushings will need replacement[/QUOTE]

25K is when mine went

guy_450 09-22-2009 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=spork;1517399]It is really the last "real" Saturn. Built at Spring Hill, plastic body, and small. Though some might argue that the last S series was the last "real" Saturn.

I consider my L to some sort of weird mutation, and the metal bodied ones to be badge-engineered GM cars.[/QUOTE]

Just curious: How many "S" have been built and when the last one came out of Spring Hills, TN? (The only real Saturn car in my humble opinion).

wolfman 09-23-2009 01:20 AM

Actually IMHO, the last [I]true[/I] Saturn built in Spring Hill (or dare I say ever / anywhere) was was a 2007 4cyl VUE. Though I will not dispute the "realness" of the IONs. But yes, the "S" series was the definition of a "real" Saturn. It got grayer, and grayer from 2002 on, until the final fade to black in 2008.

Jaseball 09-23-2009 02:31 AM

I'd actually consider it if it had a 2.4 engine, although I dislike white cars and being the last Ion built isn't really something I'd pay a premium for.

twosaturns 09-23-2009 09:09 AM

perhaps the last S car would have some cache w/ saturn fans, but the ION is still an unloved stepchild (although it DOES fit the bill of a 'real' saturn: plastic car w/ spaceframe construction and a 4cyl. or does it need to drink oil to be considered a 'real' saturn?)
I'm keeping my Spring Hill VUE, because to ME, it's priceless.

OZARKJAY 09-23-2009 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=BradleyRR;1517134]A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3344]Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds[/drupal][/QUOTE]

Confuscious say.........
Beauty is only skin deep
Ugly goes clear to the bone !!
This is a perfect example

2NDSOUT 09-23-2009 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=guy_450;1517465]Just curious: How many "S" have been built and when the last one came out of Spring Hills, TN? (The only real Saturn car in my humble opinion).[/QUOTE]

To answer your question...I believe there were roughly just over 3 Million of the S-Series made; and the last S-Series came out of Spring Hill in August 2002.

saturn 51 09-24-2009 08:43 PM

I will never forget the fun i had driving a new 1991 saturn SL-2
.Sports car handling and a engine that would rev past redline when shifting,thanks for the memories .To all the people that took a chance to assemble a new kind of car at springhill you will never be forgotten.

123654 03-23-2010 06:29 PM

[QUOTE=BradleyRR;1517134]A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3344]Last Saturn Ion Ever Built For Sale by Owner in the SaturnFans.com Classifieds[/drupal][/QUOTE]

Has this last Saturn Ion Ever Built been sold yet?

R.I.P. Saturn 05-13-2010 04:37 PM

[QUOTE=spork;1517399]It is really the last "real" Saturn. Built at Spring Hill, plastic body, and small. Though some might argue that the last S series was the last "real" Saturn.

I consider my L to some sort of weird mutation, and the metal bodied ones to be badge-engineered GM cars.[/QUOTE]
The S series is the original Saturn and has the Z body platform (which was designed soley by Saturn from what I understand) and to that effect is the "real" Saturn. To me the real Saturns ended when they went away from the plastic polymer side panels in favor of the sheet metal. This also coincides with GM taking over Saturn development.:xeye: