SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sky General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143588)

Charlie 08-28-2009 09:58 PM

Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky

A new image entry has been added:

[drupal=3301]Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky[/drupal]

[quote]For this week's installment of Flashback Friday, we only have to look back a little more than three months to this past spring. The date was Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 to be exact. On that day, GM's Boxwood Assembly Plant in Wilmington, DE built the last Saturn Sky.[/quote]

s-seriesguy 08-29-2009 01:17 AM

Re: Flashback Friday: the Last 2009 Saturn Sky

I am surprised that GM didn't keep the car to put in the Heritage Collection. For a Sky collector that would be one of the cars to have

Starduster_Sat 08-29-2009 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=s-seriesguy;1505891]I am surprised that GM didn't keep the car to put in the Heritage Collection. For a Sky collector that would be one of the cars to have[/QUOTE]

I'm not. GM's already auctioned off a number of their "heritage" vehicles, including some high profile enough to be featured on Speed TV's coverage of Barrett/Jackson in Scottsdale.

coolvue 09-01-2009 08:31 PM

We're glad we got one. Now what can I do to convince my wife to pick up an 03'-05' l300?

Markkk 09-03-2009 09:39 AM

This was not the last Sky made but it did have the highest VIN number, 9Y108015.
This car was visible on the assembly line to the Mecca Tour III tour groups on Friday May 15, 2009. Yes , if you go by the VIN number this was the last Sky but the VIN doesn't tell the complete story of what happens at assembly plants. It was the next to the last Sky to come off the final line.

The plant had one more Sky come off final line seven days later on Wed May 27, 2009 and it was a "bust job" with VIN 9Y107922 and was 1AZ1106648 , thus it was the last Sky "made" I.E. to come off final line. Note its lower number VIN as it was initially ahead of 9Y108015. A bust job is a car that was removed from the production line and then put on it later on, thus "busted" back in with higher VIN numbered cars. It was shipped to Saturn Of Bloomington Miscellaneous fleet. MN. It was Techno Gray with auto transmission. It was NOT a turbo. It came off final line at 12:55 PM that afternoon. No fanfare or pictures. I pointed it out to some friends on the assembly line but it was no big deal to them. Still it was a sad to see this last Sky drive off final line and into the history books. So, .................who owns the last Sky?

darnell89 09-10-2009 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=Markkk;1508330]This was not the last Sky made but it did have the highest VIN number, 9Y108015.
This car was visible on the assembly line to the Mecca Tour III tour groups on Friday May 15, 2009. Yes , if you go by the VIN number this was the last Sky but the VIN doesn't tell the complete story of what happens at assembly plants. It was the next to the last Sky to come off the final line.

The plant had one more Sky come off final line seven days later on Wed May 27, 2009 and it was a "bust job" with VIN 9Y107922 and was 1AZ1106648 , thus it was the last Sky "made" I.E. to come off final line. Note its lower number VIN as it was initially ahead of 9Y108015. A bust job is a car that was removed from the production line and then put on it later on, thus "busted" back in with higher VIN numbered cars. It was shipped to Saturn Of Bloomington Miscellaneous fleet. MN. It was Techno Gray with auto transmission. It was NOT a turbo. It came off final line at 12:55 PM that afternoon. No fanfare or pictures. I pointed it out to some friends on the assembly line but it was no big deal to them. Still it was a sad to see this last Sky drive off final line and into the history books. So, .................who owns the last Sky?[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I want a 2008 SKY RL (Manual) Black or White I think that will be my last SATURN I want to own.

RoadIon 09-19-2009 07:51 PM

I didn't like to see the S-Series die, nope I didn't like to see the ION go once they got it right, but seeing the end of the SKY is a sad sad thing.

I can't say I'll miss the two biggest bombs GM put on SATURN showrooms

jerseymike68 09-25-2009 06:12 AM

Thank You!

TheDave 12-20-2009 01:23 PM

QUOTE=Markkk;1508330] So, .................who owns the last Sky?[/QUOTE]

My father was fortunate enough to buy the last (ok.. second to last, technically!) Sky.

He's a retired construction Laborer from the Northern Illinois area - he shocked the heck out of me when he showed up with it the Sunday morning after he bought it. I thought for sure that the salesman was just pitching him a story in order to make a sale and that it was just one of the last Skys, not THE last until I saw the article here.

He's driven his baby a few times but is intent on keeping it in flawless condition, so it's safely tucked away for the winter.