SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   2008 Vue (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   GM: Vue-Based Buick SUV Has Been Canceled (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143138)

Charlie 08-19-2009 11:11 PM

GM: Vue-Based Buick SUV Has Been Canceled

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3275]GM: Vue-Based Buick SUV Has Been Canceled[/drupal]

[quote]General Motors announced earlier today that the Buick sport-utility, which the company announced and revealed just two weeks ago, has been canceled. The model was to be a near identical clone of the current Saturn Vue. It was generally panned by a select group of news media and bloggers who were given a sneak peak of the vehicle at a GM event in Detroit earlier this month (see teaser photo released by GM above). One reporter even went as far as dubbing the Saturn crossover with a Buick-inspired waterfall grill as the "Vueick."[/quote]

SoundGuy 08-20-2009 07:56 AM

Re: GM: Vue-Based Buick SUV Has Been Canceled

Not surprised.

buba 08-20-2009 09:12 AM

It makes more sense to base the next Buick SUV on the Theta Premium platform like the Cadillac SRX instead of the compact Theta platform the Vue and 2010 Equinox are based on. Which means the Theta Premium platforms would be the 1st to get the plug in technology unless Penske can negotiate it as part of future Vue option.

Interesting that the Cadillac SRX and Saturn Vue are made in the same plant in Mexico that also is targeted to make the future unannounced Buick SUV.

K-1 08-20-2009 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=buba;1501344]It makes more sense to base the next Buick SUV on the Theta Premium platform like the Cadillac SRX instead of the compact Theta platform the Vue and 2010 Equinox are based on. Which means the Theta Premium platforms would be the 1st to get the plug in technology unless Penske can negotiate it as part of future Vue option.

Interesting that the Cadillac SRX and Saturn Vue are made in the same plant in Mexico that also is targeted to make the future unannounced Buick SUV.[/QUOTE]Considering the Li-Ion batteries are being assembled in Brownstown, MI, I think they'll add the PHEV components into the Equinox/Terrain - just a hop, skip, and jump over to Ontario.

chillin05VUE 08-20-2009 07:55 PM

Typical GM. Have a great idea and then screw it up. Anyone remember the EV1? And I'm a GM guy from a GM family and born in a GM city (when GM was American).

Saturn#5 08-20-2009 08:03 PM

Just follows the GM motto...if it is a good idea...go ahead and kill it...like everything that GM touches goes to sh%*!

I am happy that GM couldn't figure it out...serves them right!

Kill Saturn and then use the ideas...really nice...

John10 08-20-2009 11:27 PM

The VUE is a competitive and desirable vehicle that has shown it can survive in the marketplace. GM simply has no brand to accommodate it. There is a huge gap in customer perception between Chevy and Buick and the VUE does not fit well in either brand. Too bad for GM. I hope Penske keeps the model as a Saturn.

IONfan2 08-23-2009 08:44 PM

Thank God!!!

I thought GM was trying to IMPROVE. How is putting a Buick grille on a Saturn Vue/Opel Anatara any different then the OLD GM? How would that be improvement? Buick CAN have a compact SUV but it needs to be a FRESH, NEW design and not some old design that is recycled over and over again.