SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Historic Saturn, GM Vehicles Sold at Barrett-Jackson Auction Earlier this Month (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132967)

Charlie 01-31-2009 07:18 PM

Historic Saturn, GM Vehicles Sold at Barrett-Jackson Auction Earlier this Month

A new feeditems entry has been added:

[drupal=2881]Historic Saturn, GM Vehicles Sold at Barrett-Jackson Auction Earlier this Month[/drupal]

[quote]Mark Vaughn from AutoWeek: More than 200 cars from GM's Heritage Fleet went on the block in what GM called normal housekeeping. Note that's the Heritage Fleet, which is different from the Heritage Collection. The latter has about 350 cars. "The Heritage Collection is sacred, a critical part of the history of GM," said Brian Baker, collection manager and design historian.[/quote]

marx404 01-31-2009 08:25 PM

Re: Historic Saturn, GM Vehicles Sold at Barrett-Jackson Auction Earlier this Month

Will the Barettt-Jackson auction be televised and when/where?

emg77 02-01-2009 08:40 AM

Re: Historic Saturn, GM Vehicles Sold at Barrett-Jackson Auction Earlier this Month

It was televised a week or two ago on Speed TV. I only watched the first day, but they cut to commercial during most of the Saturns (I think they sold the 1981, and Saturn #1 million and #2 million that day.)

onefunkar 02-01-2009 09:12 AM

still cant beleive that they sold the 95 sc2 with 34 miles for only 8500. id have bought that. on the list in the article thoese prices have the 10 percetn fee added in. also PLEASE EXPLAIN how a 95 saturn was the 1 milliionth car and a 95 saturn was the 2 miillionth car. thats impossible as they never sold a million cars a year.

Charlie 02-01-2009 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=onefunkar;1392027]also PLEASE EXPLAIN how a 95 saturn was the 1 milliionth car and a 95 saturn was the 2 miillionth car. thats impossible as they never sold a million cars a year.[/QUOTE]

That was a mistake; it was a typo. The 2 millionth SC2 was a 1999 model. I made the correction in my article.

Thanks!
Charlie

02OrangeSC2 02-01-2009 10:48 AM

Anyone know who bought the 1 Millionth and 2 Millionth cars? I was actually planning on going down there untill my surgery got scheduled for the same day.

emg77 02-01-2009 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=onefunkar;1392027]still cant beleive that they sold the 95 sc2 with 34 miles for only 8500. id have bought that. on the list in the article thoese prices have the 10 percetn fee added in. also PLEASE EXPLAIN how a 95 saturn was the 1 milliionth car and a 95 saturn was the 2 miillionth car. thats impossible as they never sold a million cars a year.[/QUOTE]

I think all the GM Heritage Collection cars (at least any that were modified in any way) were sold with a salvage title or bill of sale only. I'm sure that didn't help the pricing.