SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cool action shots of Saturns at the Tail of the Dragon (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57692)

Spazie 07-13-2005 08:21 PM

Cool action shots of Saturns at the Tail of the Dragon

[url]http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventthumbs?event=04RK00500G&b=0&t=-1&start=0&password=[/url]

The purple SC2 is mine (of course), the silver RL VUE is Dante's, the black RL ION is Kristina from redlineforums.com, and the silver SC1 is white95SL1's. There's some really awesome pictures of us. We drove it 3 times total, and on the third time through, Simon (EnglishSL2) was driving my SC2, so that's me waving at the camera (and holding on for dear life in the picture just before me waving).

My favorite picture is this one, where you can see my SC2, the RL ION, and the RL VUE (but of course, mine is in front :D :D ). Too bad you can't see the SC1. :( We also picked up a gold ION sedan on the second time through, but somehow he missed the pictures.
[url]http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?eventorder?photo=04RK00500G0012&start=0&album=0&adjust=-1[/url]

JDRedline 07-13-2005 08:54 PM

Re: Cool action shots of Saturns at the Tail of the Dragon

Spazie, great pictures but too bad about your boo boo.

So what's the deal? Did some random photographer stand on the side of the road and snap all these shots of the cars going by with his website clearly advertised?

If so, that's a great idea. I wonder how much he makes doing that. I just may steal that idea. ;)

Arnel 07-14-2005 01:21 AM

So, did Simon enjoy driving on the "right" side of the road?

Where is the pic of DJ getting T-boned? Oops, wrong driving event...hehe

Sky King 07-14-2005 05:29 AM

Good pics. Really wish I could have come :cry: Hey Kit what happened to your car? :eek:

white95SL1 07-15-2005 10:41 AM

[QUOTE=JDRedline]So what's the deal? Did some random photographer stand on the side of the road and snap all these shots of the cars going by with his website clearly advertised?

If so, that's a great idea. I wonder how much he makes doing that. I just may steal that idea. ;)[/QUOTE]
[url]www.killboy.com[/url]

They stand on the side of the road and take pictures and sell them via the internet.

That was definately some of the most fun I have had driving my car.

spencerb 07-15-2005 01:17 PM

What is Tail of the Dragon?

corympak 07-15-2005 01:19 PM

Just guessing, but probaly a winding road, "kinda like a dragon's tail!"

Sky King 07-15-2005 02:07 PM

[QUOTE=spencerb]What is Tail of the Dragon?[/QUOTE]

It is an EXTREEMLY crooked raod in east Tennessee. It is heavily frequented by sports car enthusiasts and motor cycle riders. In fact, motorcycle riders come from all over the world to ride the Tail of the Dragon. There are many accidents on the Tail also. There is a web site for it with pictures. Can't actually remember the URL at this time but I am sure you can find it if you do a search on Yahoo or Google.

Cap138 07-15-2005 09:08 PM

Great pictures!! Look like you guys had a great day for the ride too. Not like last year’s run being all rainy and misty, still it was great fun and the fog down by the river and around the dam yielded some great photography. Wish I could’ve made it this year :( Next time perhaps. Did you guys stop at Deals Gap?

The independent photography is an ingenious idea. A great money maker. I know I would buy a hi-res picture of my car taking one of those turns, blow up the image, frame it, and put it on my wall!

Spazie 07-16-2005 01:33 AM

[url]www.tailofthedragon.com[/url] for those who were asking what it was. It's a heck of an amazing road to drive on and filled with motorcycles on nice days like the one we were there on.

We'll be going back next year if any of you are interested ... (hint hint). ;)

BTW, the damage to the front corner of my car was my run in with a guardrail back in December - the car slid out on a corner covered in 3" of ice and smacked the rail corner first. Shattered out the turn signal (which I've since replaced) and part of the fender.

s-seriesguy 07-17-2005 11:02 PM

So do they have photographers out there, or did you have to set that up? Those pictures in action are awesome.

EnglishSL2 07-18-2005 01:40 PM

Well what can I say! Great photos of a great day out ! I had a great time and have some fond memories that will be with me for life. I enjoyed giving Spazie's SC2 a good spanking through those curves - what a stunning piece of road!

I'd like to say a big thankyou to Kat (Spazie) and Nick (fotovue) for making my vacation to the US so great.

I'd also like to say hi to Brandon (white95SL1), Dante, Aaron, and Kristina who rode the tail with us. It was a pleasure meeting you guys!

fotovue 07-19-2005 12:28 AM

[QUOTE=EnglishSL2]...I had a great time and have some fond memories that will be with me for life. I enjoyed giving Spazie's SC2 a good spanking through those curves... [/QUOTE]

:hmpf: What is my Vue Red Line, chopped liver? :cry:

EnglishSL2 07-19-2005 11:34 AM

Eh? Whaddaya mean?

Your Red Line was great fun to drive :yes: ... shame we couldn't take it on the Dragon though. :(