SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Astra General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Vauxhall Astra Owner's Manual PDF (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144383)

Astra La Vista! 09-16-2009 06:22 PM

Vauxhall Astra Owner's Manual PDF

Found this the other day on Rapidshare. It is the 286 page owner's manual for the European Astras. Kind of a depressing read actually, when you discover all of the cool features that they got and we didn't (like electric folding mirrors and adaptive forward lighting). Oh wait, we got OnStar. :rolleyes:

Rapidshare [URL="http://rs167.rapidshare.com/files/166327933/Instrukcja_obslugi_Opel_Astra_H_ENG_up_by_dunaj2.rar"]link[/URL]. It's about 4.9 MB in size.

captainzerocool 09-16-2009 09:36 PM

Re: Vauxhall Astra Owner's Manual PDF

[QUOTE=Astra La Vista!;1514734]Oh wait, we got OnStar. :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]

On what? :sleep:

Layoira 09-16-2009 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=Astra La Vista!;1514734]Found this the other day on Rapidshare. It is the 286 page owner's manual for the European Astras. Kind of a depressing read actually, when you discover all of the cool features that they got and we didn't (like electric folding mirrors and adaptive forward lighting). Oh wait, we got OnStar. :rolleyes:

Rapidshare [URL="http://rs167.rapidshare.com/files/166327933/Instrukcja_obslugi_Opel_Astra_H_ENG_up_by_dunaj2.rar"]link[/URL]. It's about 4.9 MB in size.[/QUOTE]

They all dont get the folding mirrors, very few models actually, but it is retrofitable, and its actually not expensive to retrofit, and the beauty of it also, is that for cars with the leather seats, thus having the door courtesy lights, the harness in there might already have the pins for the folding mirrors. Cause theres only a few variations of that harness. Over there some of them get lucky and have the harness even if they dont have the lights. We arent so lucky here. I did check, I dont have the door courtesy lights so its the more basic harness and I had to of course add in the wiring for those. If I had the lights the wiring for that would be in it, and sometimes they use the harness that has the folding mirrors connection, even if you dont have them. Someone with the lights can take off their tweeter and snap a pic and I would know easily if we have it or not

If you dont have it though like in my case, you can easily change the harness and retrofit the mirrors if you really wanted em :)

The afl however gets a little more costly to retrofit. You can do it, though , but isnt cheap either, although its not as expensive as some retrofits. For something not overly necessary would be on the lower end of my list.

Someone with leather seats from factory take off your tweeter and snap a pic of the wiring harness for the door there, so we can see it and figure out if electric windows is an even cheaper retrofit for us over here :)

They also get the tpms on the screen (for the very select few that have tpms) and I meant to try this and forgot. (thats also retrofittable for them but requires swapping a couple of parts to get it to work and is bit of an effort also, but doable) Might give it a go soon (getting the readout on my screen) if I can get saturn to cooperate with me and program what I ask them to in tech2. Its like breaking their arm to ask them to do anything like that for me:p Now if I had my own tech2 tool I'd be in my glee. The things i could do with that. cant justify a few G's for one though!

outtafocus 09-16-2009 11:24 PM

When I first picked up my car I began looking for how to see my tire pressures.

My Caliber had real time TPMS so I could see what each tire had for pressure. I think its very odd that our BC cant display this info.

Another thing I would like to add if we can figure out how.

outtafocus 09-16-2009 11:36 PM

Any one else notice how the tow attachment looks a little phallic?

I had a laugh.

Audi Junkie 09-17-2009 12:25 AM

How do I open a .rar file? I thought it was a pdf?

bone151 09-17-2009 03:23 AM

you should be able to download from Vauxhall directly. also, if you go to the home page, you'll see the new Astra on sale. expensive.

[url]http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/owners/servicing/servicing.do?method=view[/url]

Toto 09-17-2009 04:33 AM

[QUOTE=bone151;1514943]you should be able to download from Vauxhall directly. [B]also, if you go to the home page, you'll see the new Astra on sale. expensive.[/B]

[url]http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vaux/owners/servicing/servicing.do?method=view[/url][/QUOTE]

Not really. If you compare the price with the competitors the only car that is cheaper is the old Ford Focus, at least in Germany. Also the new Astra has the lowest Insurance classification, combined with new small displacement engines (our tax system is now based on CO2 emissions) you can save up to 2,000-3,000 Euro in five years of ownership.

OPEL Blitz 09-17-2009 07:06 AM

Altough it's often unfair to translate foreign prices into your own currency, the starting price of the new Astra is the same as the price for a 2009 1.7 CDTI Enjoy. The new Astra is quite alot larger and more modern, so it's not a bad price, probably. But I am a bit weary still, Vauxhall have a habit of creating [I]alot[/I] of trim levels resulting in the base model being [I]very[/I] basic.

In Germany and UK, there are no less than [B]fiftheen[/B] different trim levels for the Insignia, most of which have only minute differences, like the Vx-trim Elite, Elite 4x4, Elite Nav or Elite Nav 4x4. The only difference is a 4x4-system and/or that it's got integrated navigation, both accessories the customer can order himself. Up here and the rest of Europe (I checked FI, NO, NL, FR and ES) there's only 4 trims to start from and you pick the bits and pieces you like yourself.

Toto 09-17-2009 12:54 PM

Nope, we have only 5 trim levels (Selection, Edition, Sport, Cosmo and OPC). Only if we combine the 4-door, 5-door and sports tourer we get 15 trim levels. :D;)

Btw, the DVD Navigation is only on the base trim level (Selection) a option.

Astra La Vista! 09-17-2009 10:37 PM

[QUOTE=Audi Junkie;1514915]How do I open a .rar file? I thought it was a pdf?[/QUOTE]
.rar is a container file, very much like .zip. You can use freeware like jZip to open it.

OPEL Blitz 09-18-2009 12:01 PM

[QUOTE=Toto;1515086]Nope, we have only 5 trim levels (Selection, Edition, Sport, Cosmo and OPC). Only if we combine the 4-door, 5-door and sports tourer we get 15 trim levels. :D;)

Btw, the DVD Navigation is only on the base trim level (Selection) a option.[/QUOTE]
Actually Vauxhall refers to it as 15 different trims, altough I understand your point. What I dont get however is why there needs to be a Elite Nav edition (I think edition is a better word) in the first place, it makes little sense to me.

cindycated 09-18-2009 11:17 PM

[QUOTE=Layoira;1514883] Now if I had my own tech2 tool I'd be in my glee. The things i could do with that. cant justify a few G's for one though![/QUOTE]

I'm gonna start buying lottery tickets so I can buy you one--that would be awesome! ...but you'd have to tweak my ride too! ;)

Layoira 09-19-2009 11:46 AM

[QUOTE=cindycated;1515915]I'm gonna start buying lottery tickets so I can buy you one--that would be awesome! ...but you'd have to tweak my ride too! ;)[/QUOTE]

Omg if I had one of those the stuff I could do for our Astras!

Haha I can see it now. Saturn Fans Lottery Pool to buy a tech2 haha. Mail it all around so people could use it lol.

Too bad that wouldnt work :p

planet_astra 09-02-2019 02:12 PM

Does anybody still have an active link to a repair manual for a Saturn Astra? I need one soon!

PaulR 09-02-2019 03:50 PM

[QUOTE=planet_astra;2306039]Does anybody still have an active link to a repair manual for a Saturn Astra? I need one soon![/QUOTE]You could just go with the Haynes repair manual 4732, Vauxhall/Opel Astra. It is available on eBay and probably on Amazon too. You may have already thought of that.

planet_astra 09-02-2019 11:31 PM

Okay thank you. Ill check that out:)