SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   List of open and closed dealerships (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146247)

sierrap615 10-29-2009 01:08 AM

List of open and closed dealerships

I have heard a bit of confusion lately as to if Saturn dealerships are still open, I would like to clarify -

First remember dealerships are franchises. GM/Saturn does not close dealerships, owners close dealerships. GM/Saturn only can revoke the dealership contract to do business as a brand. Owners can and do bring in new brands or act unbranded selling used cars.

Second, GM is currently planing to support the Saturn dealer network until October 2010.

with that said, I would like to start a list of the remaining 350 some Saturn dealerships and keep track of which are open and which are closed. If you are not sure about your local dealer, please call. I have seen or heard of several people falsely assume their dealership was closed.

Southside Chicago Dealers- as of 10/28/09
Saturn of Downers Grove, Saturn of Joliet, and Saturn of Northwest Indiana are all closing their doors Friday, Oct. 30th. Saturn of Tinley Park, Saturn of Oaklawn, and Saturn of South Holland are all sister stores with the three that are closing and are staying open for the time being.

Saturn of Dundee, Saturn of Lake Barrington, and Saturn of Elmhurst are all closed, they were sister stores with Saturn of Schaumburg, which to my knowage is still open.

Saturn of North Aurora is closed, it was a sister store with Saturn of Naperville, which i know for a fact is still open.

Saturn of Countryside is closed and has been for several years (only reason I add this is because I had a customer today who thought it was still open)

Saturn of Chicago closed last year.

I know nothing about Saturn of Glenview, or any dealer on the north side of Chicago

Please add to this list with acurate info about your local dealer.

P.S. Charlie, can you please consider stickying this thread?

Bwolf 10-29-2009 06:50 AM

Re: List of open and closed dealerships

Saturn of Lowell, MA; Saturn of Haverhill, Ma; and Saturn of Portsmouth, NH are all remaining open. The owner is negotiating to bring in another brand. He'll simply transition from one to the other. He owns other dealerships, a Chevy dealership just up the road from Saturn of Lowell, for example, and he's interested in restoring his "empire" as well as treating the employees right.

sierrap615 10-29-2009 10:07 AM

EricSaturnSC2 posted this thread about three dealerships in Indiana -

[URL="Saturn of Indianapolis -- Closing October 30th, 2009"]http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146124[/URL]

in short: Saturn of Indianapolis is closing, Saturn of Fishers and Saturn of Greenwood are staying open

marx404 10-29-2009 10:14 AM

Saturn of Florence, SC closed it's doors Oct 2.
Saturn of Columbia, SC remains open.

Robor007 10-29-2009 10:46 AM

Saturn of Clearwater (Clearwater, Florida) is open and according to them they don't know if/when they will close.

mike08vue 10-29-2009 04:38 PM

Saturn of Lexington (Ky) still open; as of 10/28/09, they had 4 new cars left---the new car part may go away after they are sold? The service dept will remain open indefinitely and continue to do service and warranty on Saturns till 2011 and possibly longer.

MMarlin 10-30-2009 09:19 AM

I just returned from dropping my Outlook off at the dealers for some "warranty" review/check.

Saturn of Dayton is still stating they will be open until October 2010. There is a rumor that they will take on another brand, as to what no one is saying or even guessing.

BUT, there always is one concerning GM, they will NOT be getting anymore new cars. NO 2010 only 2009's that they can purchase from other dealers to sell.

As for their other dealership Saturn of Huber Heights the individual I spoke with had no idea if it would remain open or not.

IamPenguin 10-30-2009 01:25 PM

Saturn of Scottsdale will be a Hyundai dealership as of Nov. 16th.

fotovue 10-31-2009 05:26 PM

Saturn of Germantown (Memphis, TN) has closed it's doors, remaining inventory was moved to Saturn of Memphis, which will close it's doors as soon as it sells out of new cars. Unknown the condition of Saturn of Jackson, TN.

Saturn of Germantown is now Gwatney Germantown Mazda. They had just renovated to the new RED 3 or whatever it's called dealer image, so they managed to spin it around to look mazda ish.... Everything red is now blue, and the big logo under glass is now a Mazda logo.

:cry: It's sad to know I out lived two things I carried so much about.

Dutchman1954 11-01-2009 11:05 AM

Saturn of El Cajon (CA) has been a Kia dealership for about a month now.

RoadIon 11-01-2009 11:28 AM

[CENTER][B]OPEN
[SIZE="3"]Saturn of Tempe
[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.saturnoftempe.com/"]http://www.saturnoftempe.com/[/URL][/CENTER]

cola 11-01-2009 12:22 PM

Saturn of Mentor in Ohio has closed. I'm pretty sure they moved their stock to Saturn of Chagrin, Middleburg Heights and North Olmsted.

David

Chazberry 11-01-2009 01:01 PM

Hopefully Saturn of Hempstead, NY will be open for at least 2 more weeks - I have an appointment on 11/16 to have another VUE wheel bearing replaced.

jon_e_quest 11-02-2009 07:36 PM

Saturn of Traverse City, MI (owned by Bill Marsh) will remain open at least until late winter or early spring. All employees will be absorbed into other Bill Marsh owned dealerships and Saturn owners will simply have their cars serviced at the other dealerships.

2NDSOUT 11-03-2009 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had kept a record of dealerships back a few months ago...this is the last excel spreadsheet update that I had, with the link where I had read the dealership had closed...

This list; I last updated 08/14/09

If I had the opportunity to attach an excel sheet I would...but the best I could do was a text file.

2NDSOUT 11-03-2009 03:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just updated my list to reflect only those dealerships that I have been keeping track of since the summer that are CLOSED. I have updated this list reflecting the stores mentioned in this thread.

If there is any other stores that anyone knows of that are CLOSED, please let me know via email: [email]Saturns9102@aol.com[/email] and I will update this list to reflect the information.

IamPenguin 11-03-2009 04:00 PM

Heard this morning that Saturn of Scottsdale's deal to become a Hyundai (not Kia, which is on your list) dealership fell thru. Don't know what they will do now.:no:

mikec 11-03-2009 04:06 PM

Saturn of Manassas, VA was still open as of 10-31-2009. They had balloons on their 15-20 new Saturns left as well as about 50 used vehicles.

MaxSL2 11-03-2009 10:26 PM

Saturn of Pensacola, FL closed Oct. 31st.

Their sister store, Saturn of Mobile, AL, consolidated into the Cadillac dealership next door and apparently will operate from there until they clear out their inventory.

2NDSOUT 11-04-2009 11:20 AM

Found a few more dealerships that are still around or will only be around for a few more months:

Saturn of Flint, Michigan (Closing Thanksgiving Day 2009)
Saturn of Clarksville, Tennessee (Closed October 26, 2009)
Saturn of Cape Coral, Florida (Closing Early 2010)
Saturn of Fort Meyers, Florida (Closing Early 2010)
Saturn of Augusta, Georgia (Will transition to another make or used cars)
Saturn of Zimbrick, Wisconsin (Closing March 1, 2010)
Saturn of Lakeland, Florida (October 9, 2009)
Saturn of Olympia, Washington (October 27, 2009--Transitioning to Hyundai Dealer)
Saturn of Lynchburg, Virginia (October 30, 2009)
Saturn of Pensacola, Florida (October31, 2009)
Saturn of Mobile, Alabama (Early 2010)

Have to say the closing of the Flint Store in Michigan on Thansgiving Day is the ultimate insult on this list. It sucks to lose a job, especially around the holidays.