SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aura General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Time to say so long ... (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232946)

renegade734 11-02-2017 10:02 PM

Time to say so long ...

I have traded my 2008 Aura in for a 2013 Dodge Charger. I want to thank all who provided useful information through this site. Happy trails!

explorerbigjon 11-03-2017 06:33 PM

Re: Time to say so long ...

Happy trails to you. Best of luck with your new to you purchase. Chrysler products are decent. I hope you got an R/T Charger?

pierrot 11-03-2017 08:52 PM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]I wish you all the best with the 2013 Charger, [B][I][COLOR="blue"]renegade734[/COLOR][/I][/B]! Looking at your previous posts I found that your Aura had the 3.5L V6 in it. How was the engine and transmission - 4 speed or 6 speed - in that car? Were they reliable in your estimation?

What engine and transmission are in this Charger? How do you like the feel of this larger car? Is it FWD, RWD, or AWD? The Charger model has held a certain interest for me of late so I'm curious to learn of your experience with one thus far.[/SIZE][/FONT]

renegade734 11-06-2017 10:21 PM

[QUOTE=explorerbigjon;2258479]Happy trails to you. Best of luck with your new to you purchase. Chrysler products are decent. I hope you got an R/T Charger?[/QUOTE]

Nope ... went better than that! I bought a retired Michigan State Police sergeant's car. The interior is spotless, it has 104,000 miles and was very well-maintained. Yeah, it's got a Hemi!

renegade734 11-06-2017 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=pierrot;2258487][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]I wish you all the best with the 2013 Charger, [B][I][COLOR="blue"]renegade734[/COLOR][/I][/B]! Looking at your previous posts I found that your Aura had the 3.5L V6 in it. How was the engine and transmission - 4 speed or 6 speed - in that car? Were they reliable in your estimation?

What engine and transmission are in this Charger? How do you like the feel of this larger car? Is it FWD, RWD, or AWD? The Charger model has held a certain interest for me of late so I'm curious to learn of your experience with one thus far.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I had the 4-speed transmission, and had no engine or transmission-related problems with my Aura. However, everything ever discussed in this Forum went wrong with my car (shift cable, brake lights, security module) and cost lots to fix. It was paid for, and I believe I got my money's worth out of it after six years. The dealer who sold me the Charger gave me $1500 in trade-in for it, despite all that was wrong with it (lower ball joint, cracked steering rack, and a wheel bearing ready to go).

The Charger is a RWD 5.7 liter V-8. I have always favored larger vehicles. The Pursuit is truly a driver's car. Lots of horsepower, tight handling, crisp response. It's been awhile since I've had a vehicle quite like this one. It runs like a champ, and gets highway fuel economy that rivals the Aura.