SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Series General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   What did you do to your S-Series today... (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154031)

SaturnNJeep 05-07-2010 11:35 PM

What did you do to your S-Series today...

My Jeep forum has one of these posts in every model forum, thought it would be cool to have one here!!

Well, I got the new rotors to fix my brake pulsating issue, as well as more R134a for my leaking A/C, and MMO and full oil change supplies to do a piston soak. We'll see if this fixes my huge oil consumption issue, :D

Jerry

ShawnV 05-08-2010 12:03 AM

Re: What did you do to your S-Series today...

I washed my SL2 and did a rear brake job - new drums and shoes. I also put the wheels back on a parts SL2 I have in the back yard.

I also replaced the front and rear differential fluids in my super duty :D

SuperCujo 05-08-2010 01:29 AM

I drove to a local town where I then got stuck in because Hell-Storm 2010 came along when I was getting food. Hail, tornadoes, half the towns power going out, zero visibility from torrential rain, severe lightning and an hour later I was finally able to get back to my car. I then spent an hour driving around town trying to find a way out because all the roads were flooded, electrical lines were down or the police had them blocked off.

On a positive note, I found out the little Satty can sure plow its way through some decent size flooded roads.

rc1488 05-08-2010 03:00 AM

JB welded a hole in my header, JB Welded my catback to my cat, and put the Ectas on for tomorrows race :)

mgordon1100 05-08-2010 06:51 AM

Let's see, today is just beginning, so I'll go over this weeks work. I changed the oil, replaced the passenger side tie rod end, and replaced a fuel injector. The injector has been on on-going problem for a year now. I've had these spare injectors sitting around, but I thought I'd give the system a gas treatment first. It worked for a while, but the misfires came back a few days ago. Same cylinder as before. So far for two days, I haven't had the misfire code yet.

Today, I plan on patching up the vacuum hose to the secondary air system, and making another attempt at fixing up my lighting wiring. Some of them melted. Don't ask.

Mizzou 05-08-2010 09:53 AM

ripping out and replacing timing chain cover and engine mounts

HOPEFULLY I DO OK lol

cousinsaul 05-08-2010 10:34 AM

Ordered a "new" SW2 engine with 26k miles on it which will be put in later this week. Of course this is after I had finished putting a new timing kit on the SL2 and was going to fix the leaky intake manifold. Then #4 connecting rod decides it wants to throw a fit. lol

mr18436572 05-08-2010 03:28 PM

Nothing today or the day before. The day before that, I replaced the starter.

AlainMDavos 05-08-2010 04:45 PM

I replaced the belt tensioner and belt. It was a hassle because the SOHC is difficult to remove tensioner than a DOHC. But, we managed to do it.:D

2NDSOUT 05-08-2010 04:51 PM

Replacement left front fender found at the local yard today (FINALLY after 5 months of on and off looking!!!) for my 94 SL2 (Black Sapphire color)

Went to 2 yards today. Limited vehicles on the Saturns.

However I did see a 2005 Saturn ION in the yard for the first time.

And a mess of Pontiac Fieros. Saw at least 10-15 of them, when previously haven't seen those cars in YEARS.

Matched paint and everything, has a small clear coat peel on it; but not worried about that.

mgordon1100 05-08-2010 05:21 PM

Lighting is fixed. Although I cracked the bottom plastic piece covering the steering column. I just couldn't find a 5.5 nut driver anywhere. Nor could I find a 7/32. They are rarities, and Saturn went and put a rarity screw, in a place that's physically impossible to put a socket. Anyhow, after breaking the thing, which happened unintentionally, I just taped up my exposed wires real good. Fuse doesn't blow anymore.

Beachbaby902 05-08-2010 05:46 PM

I towed my 92' SL2 home today. Thats all. lol

tobby 05-08-2010 05:49 PM

refilled my wiper fluid to 100% and refueled with E85.

saturnsctwo 05-08-2010 08:02 PM

drove my car to the dentist today, got gas, & drove it to mcdonalds & ordered 5 sausage egg mcmuffins, & 1 hash brown.

adventureoflink 05-08-2010 08:28 PM

Drove it to take my dad to work, noticed that my low coolant light was flashing, AGAIN :ugh::dizzy:, so I go and top off when I got home.

Then I forget to put the cap back on, and take my mom to the store. I then notice a small puddle, common with the consistency of a blown water pump.. I was like UGH!! :ugh: till I popped open the hood and noticed the cap was off.. :|:xeye::eek:

So I put it back on, and notice the light was still flashing, even though I had just checked it, turns out it went back down to what it was before. So I go to the store and get some distilled water. It's topped off now, except the light is still blinking... :dizzy:

Guess what I gotta do tomorrow? :flag::D

bumpdraft 05-08-2010 08:34 PM

For the last week, on my SC2, I delayed:

:|Changing oil
:yes:replacing rear bushings with urethane
:yes:milling the thickness on the hub spacers to my liking
:ugh:touching up underbody rust

I also delayed replacing my dad's SW2's front wheelbearing
and fixing busted plastic on me mum's Ion

All because I replaced my bro-in-law's Intake Gasket and sparkplugs/wires on his '99 Blazer using a '95 FSM:xeye:
I kept him there to suffer thru the whole process....so maybe he'll add anti-rust/water pump lube in the future.
Also replaced idler arm...so maybe he'll grease the thing once in a while:ugh:
(Friggin' Star Ship Enterprise:
next up:no:, he has -C0225, 226, 227, 281, 308,-B2376,-U1026,-U1064,-U1300 and :stoplightP0340 <--which I think is my fault:D)

off-track 05-08-2010 09:30 PM

Went to the garage and stared at it STILL sitting up on stands with NO engine! Note to self: Keep saying I'm contributing to the Son's education... :zzz:

Nels 05-08-2010 11:29 PM

I started mine for the first time in two weeks. We've been on vacation. Very slight sticking of the brake pads on the front discs after sitting so long, but that went away in the first mile of driving.

houstontexanfan 05-08-2010 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=Nels;1619511]I started mine for the first time in two weeks. We've been on vacation. Very slight sticking of the brake pads on the front discs after sitting so long, but that went away in the first mile of driving.[/QUOTE]

I drove 203 miles from Indy to Ogden Dunes,IN only for my car drain plug to fail now I am stuck no money and no ideal how I am going to get it back on the road,so that I can go back home. Next I rent a car instead driving the Saturn.

gizzi 05-09-2010 12:50 AM

Changed out my squeaky Monroe quick strut with another one. No more squeaks/creaks! (for now anyway...)