SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Series Mods (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay) (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113382)

Disturbed_One 02-10-2008 01:52 AM

'01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

First off, let me just say I know that these "Speed Chips" are resistors.

But there is an auction for an '02 SC2 I was viewing, and he claims a Speed Chip installed, "A Speed Boost on its 3rd Shift", and "Its computer programmed by group of 8 professionals who did this exclusively for my car"

I'm assuming this "Speed Chip" is just a resistor, but can the car really be reprogrammed for performance? and WTH is a speed boost?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXCLUSIVE-SC2-Modified-to-Perfection-Only-59-000mi_W0QQitemZ320216510206QQihZ011QQcategoryZ80752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting[/url]

Link to the auction ^^
[Which I think is WAY overpriced, and if they guy really spent that much..well...I'll keep my mouth shut there...]

This is my favorite part of the auction
"The GPS has been programmed for optimized performance and faster path calculation. "

Heres how that is done...
SETTINGS > ROUTE OPTION > SHORTEST:D

deadmeat3344 02-10-2008 03:23 AM

Re: '01 Speed Chip and Speed Boost? (from eBay)

no.......

WingsOfSaturn 02-10-2008 08:33 AM

HAHAHA. That was a amusing listing. I think seller added one to many zeros on the selling price.

Love those OEM hub caps.

RobertJ 02-10-2008 08:46 AM

I want some of what he's on. ePay has the biggest collection of dreamers ever.

WingsOfSaturn 02-10-2008 09:27 AM

What is even more amusing is that some teenager with a silver spoon will probably buy it. Gosh, a girls gone wild car with a custom speed chip! Where do I bid?

Keeter 02-10-2008 09:52 AM

Are u guys kidding?! There should be at least 1 more zero on the price of that bad ***** car!!:drool: I mean seriously. "Girls Gone Wild" used that car. That can only mean that that is the worlds most wicked SC2 with a front facia EVER!! I would totally pay twice... NO....3 times what he is asking for.:yes:

:zzz:

OK! backk to seriousness now. I believe it was correctly stated: "There are a lot of dreamers on Ebay." This guy so far has to be the biggestt of them all.

fetchitfido 02-10-2008 09:53 AM

Here's one seller of real speed "chips" :
[url]http://therob.com/turbokits.php[/url]

:p

If he really spent so much money on it...where's the dyno slip?

S3aturnR 02-10-2008 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=Disturbed_One;1198777]First off, let me just say I know that these "Speed Chips" are resistors.

But there is an auction for an '02 SC2 I was viewing, and he claims a Speed Chip installed, "A Speed Boost on its 3rd Shift", and "Its computer programmed by group of 8 professionals who did this exclusively for my car"

I'm assuming this "Speed Chip" is just a resistor, but can the car really be reprogrammed for performance? and WTH is a speed boost?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EXCLUSIVE-SC2-Modified-to-Perfection-Only-59-000mi_W0QQitemZ320216510206QQihZ011QQcategoryZ80752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting[/url]

Link to the auction ^^
[Which I think is WAY overpriced, and if they guy really spent that much..well...I'll keep my mouth shut there...]

This is my favorite part of the auction
"The GPS has been programmed for optimized performance and faster path calculation. "

Heres how that is done...
SETTINGS > ROUTE OPTION > SHORTEST:D[/QUOTE]

it's all BS. they just say whatever they want to say to get you to buy that crap. it's completely worthless. no "professionals" were involved with the development of this product (or any like it). the only professionals involved with that is in the marketing department. they're professional scam-artists...

s3aturnr

Keeter 02-10-2008 07:57 PM

I made the seller an offer for $0.01. I figure the amount of bullcrap that went into his perfectly modded sc2 add on ebay that I might as well make him a bull crap offer.

eRic 02sc2 02-10-2008 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=Disturbed_One;1198777]

Link to the auction ^^
[Which I think is WAY overpriced, and if they guy really spent that much..well...I'll keep my mouth shut there...][/QUOTE]

It's got steel wheels with hubcaps?! c'mon... he supposed spent all that money and didn't get the $350 optional Saturn alloy wheels.

hAnNibAl_H 02-11-2008 12:40 AM

HAHAHA!! WOW.....thats RIDICULOUS!! I'll make a an offer of $5.00 then sell right back on ebay for a REAL price...like, $2k

1994Saturn 02-11-2008 12:51 AM

[FONT="Century Gothic"]hum... no pictures of the engine... Not buying the 13K. I see no more then 1K in "customizing" (Sub, speakers, radio, some short of body kit) and im digging the wheels...

you know reading that whole action.. i dont think believe a typed word...

Well, I spent close to $4000 on its audio system. It has got:

* A pioneer deck with a sweet remote that can play CD's, MP3's, FM, Radio and much more...
* 4 type S Speakers
* A 4 channel AMP to amplify the speakers.
* A mono AMP for the sub-woofer.

* For the bass and the sound in the car, I ordered parts from Best Buy(with a 4 year warranty and insurance on each part and labor), a[SIZE="4"][B]nd specially paid 2 professionals - one from Japan and another one from California to fly down here and work on the Audio system in my car for about 3 days. [/B][/SIZE]So, I got all the truck space I need as there are no 4 14" subs placed there. Instead, we boosted my audio system in a very special way and also, DYNAMATTED my entire trunk and the doors..
Sureeeeeeeeeeeee[/FONT]

sweetwagon? 02-11-2008 01:39 AM

Man, I got a freakin' sweet wagon with rims, yo, and get chicks aaaaall the time!! Why hasn't my car been sponsored by GGW!?!? I gotta start hangin' out with this guy. Hell, it's got a speed boost in 3rd!! At least he's not unloading in 3rd like Torreto's crew, that would be trouble. It's a good thing, too that he has that air dam on there to keep the nose planted while he's racing. This is unfreakinbelievable....

S3aturnR 02-11-2008 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=sweetwagon?;1199286]At least he's not unloading in 3rd like Torreto's crew, that would be trouble.[/QUOTE]

i KNEW it was only a matter of time before the first f&f reference. :D

s3aturnr

Disturbed_One 02-11-2008 04:34 PM

I just noticed it has "remote start"
and its a standard, so he has to have the saftey switch dissconnected...I sure to hope you don't leave it in gear and try to start the car...lol

Guess I'll sell my '95 for 10k now :D

I like how he was asked the question...

[B]Q: [/B][I]So if 8 professionals came to tune your car, where is the dyno slip? Where are the pictures of the engine. What kind of performance exhaust does it have on it, or is it just a muffler? Do you have receipts for all this stuff?? thanks[/I]

[B]A: [/B]Hi, Thanks for writing to me? If you would like me to... I can take some pictures of the engine and send that to you. Well, under my hood, all you can really see is the Cold Air Intake.. Rest everything has been programmed to my Car's computer. So, nothing is really visible. The performance exhaust on it is Magnaflow if I remember correctly. I didn't want them to cut through all the pipes and so, I just got the muffler and its connected to the factory pipe by a funnel pipe. Oh about the people who worked on my car.. No. I didn't have all 8 people fly here from Japan to work on my car.(That would have been really expensive). Well, I've been working in the IT Industry for a while. Currently I work with IBM. What we did was we setup an internal network so that my car's computer can be worked on over the network. As I told you, I've street raced quite a lot in my life and so, I did have contacts with some very talented people who did this for me. These professionals tuned the speed chip, the boost and programmed the computer of my car in a very exclusive manner. [B]The car pulls around 180hp[/B]. Even after all the performance mods, the car gives as astonishing gas mileage of 24mpg in city... which is extremely RARE..!! Take care, Rajat

sweetwagon? 02-11-2008 05:16 PM

Wow, I'm sorry guys, but I just had to waste my time and ask about this thing...
I asked for more pictures, what brand the performance exhaust was, and a hopeful dyno sheet..here's the reply..

Hi,

Thanks for writing to me?
If you would like me to... I can take some pictures of the engine and send that to you. Well, under my hood, all you can really see is the Cold Air Intake.. Rest everything has been programmed to my Car's computer. So, nothing is really visible.

The performance exhaust on it is Magnaflow if I remember correctly. I didn't want them to cut through all the pipes and so, I just got the muffler and its connected to the factory pipe by a funnel pipe.

Oh about the people who worked on my car.. No. I didn't have all 8 people fly here from Japan to work on my car.(That would have been really expensive). Well, I've been working in the IT Industry for a while. Currently I work with IBM. What we did was we setup an internal network so that my car's computer can be worked on over the network.

As I told you, I've street raced quite a lot in my life and so, I did have contacts with some very talented people who did this for me.
These professionals tuned the speed chip, the boost and programmed the computer of my car in a very exclusive manner. The car pulls around 180hp.

Even after all the performance mods, the car gives as astonishing gas mileage of 24mpg in city... which is extremely RARE..!!

Take care,
Rajat

sweetwagon? 02-11-2008 05:17 PM

Dammit, well, someone beat me to the punch on my question...

Low Saturn 02-11-2008 05:51 PM

After reading everything on that auction and looking at the pictures, that has to be some sort of joke. He cant be serious. If anything that nasty front bumper would decrease the value of the car.

The exhaust system is a joke. Sounds like a hack job of an install and not a complete job.

The remote start is nothing special. I have two way auto starts in all my vehicles. These nothing spectacular or technologically advanced about it. You connect a few wires, push a button and the car starts. It can be done on any car.

The audio system cost maybe $1000 in equipment. If that. He shows that it has Dynomat. While that stuff isn't cheap, theres no way theres $3000 worth of it on that car.

The special "tuned" "speed chip" in the computer is another joke. Either this guy is B.S.ing out of his butt or someone found a sucker and ripped this guy off. If any of that were true, they'd be making tons of money off of people on this forum and every other Saturn enthusiast site. It would be an untapped gold mine.

And I agree with Eric on the wheel comment.

rtandon87 02-11-2008 06:19 PM

From The Seller Of This Car...

Hi guys..

My name is Raj and I am the one who has this car posted on eBay.
Actually I just received a message and that guy pointed me to this link here and I found so many people discussing about my car...
WOW. That was really surprising to see that this many people are actually talking about it..

Well, to cut it short.. after reading to all your posts.. I really have started to believe as one of the members say..."I really got ripped" Maybe I shouldn't have put this much money into the car.
Well, I have always loved this car so much since I got it and always wanted to make it special.. So, I just kept on customizing it more and more.. to make it better. Personally, I do not have any knowledge about how to work on the cars myself and so, I paid all that money for these things.

Trust me... I'm being honest here. I have no reason to lie. I really spent that cash to make it what it is today and ya, I do realize that I maybe shouldn't have.. But, can't change it anymore..!!

Well, by driving the car myself, I can personally say.. it drives really really nice.. a lot better than so many cars I've driven.. I do my very best to maintain the car.. I get it washed 3 times a week and waxed every other week.. I really have maintained the car very well.. If you'll look at it, I am sure you can at least tell that.

I just want to sell this car as I have a very good offer for my next car and so, hoping to get some good money for it that I can invest towards my next car. I do realize that I would probably not get what I'm asking for... Hopefully, someone gets a chance to come look at my car and tell me what do they think that the car is really worth..

Thank you so much guys..

Rajat
:yes:

Disturbed_One 02-11-2008 06:44 PM

^^

So your saying with a Cold Air Intake, and Exhaust and this "computer modification" your getting 180hp?

I find that pretty hard to believe.
I've seen tons of Saturn's fully modified, shaved head, fully ported and polished, CAI and full exhaust with header and only put out slightly above 200hp!