SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Relay General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Just watched Relay DVD (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27955)

PLANOSATURN 12-03-2003 11:59 AM

Just watched Relay DVD

Just watched a Relay DVD that Saturn sent to us with my whole sales team. It really looks better in motion and at different angles than the photo indicates. Has a nice interior. Dual power sliding doors, radio controls in the steering wheel. Lots of storage. Still trying to find out what powertrain it has. Be sure to watch the live webcast tomorrow (12/04) at [url]www.saturn.com/relay[/url] .

mrwag 12-03-2003 02:59 PM

I sure hope it does. From the samples on the web, I'm not impressed.

Bertillion 12-03-2003 04:01 PM

What time?

Cap138 12-03-2003 05:37 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bertillion [/i]
[B]What time? [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it's at 11:00am Central...

How convenient...just in time for my lunch break :D .

piney 12-03-2003 05:54 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cap138 [/i]
[B]I think it's at 11:00am Central...

How convenient...just in time for my lunch break :D . [/B][/QUOTE]

Eat before watching or you might lose your appitite....

OTOH, it might make you lose your lunch.

Dern -you are screwed either way. :dazed:

Cap138 12-03-2003 06:09 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by piney [/i]
[B]Eat before watching or you might lose your appitite....

OTOH, it might make you lose your lunch.

Dern -you are screwed either way. :dazed: [/B][/QUOTE]

Somehow...I knew SOMEONE was going to say that... ;)

piney 12-03-2003 06:16 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cap138 [/i]
[B]Somehow...I knew SOMEONE was going to say that... ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Didn't want to let you down :p

John10 12-04-2003 08:34 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by piney [/i]
[B]OTOH, it might make you lose your lunch. [/B][/QUOTE]

That will be a good test of the fabric on the seats. Any kiddie hauler better be resistent to food stains, partly digested or not. :D

eRic 02sc2 12-04-2003 10:20 AM

yeah they better have scotchgard on them.

Bertillion 12-04-2003 11:55 AM

Just watched it. I think it was pretty good. I would buy one if I was in the market for one.

haypops 12-04-2003 11:57 AM

Re: Just watched Relay DVD

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PLANOSATURN [/i]
[B] Still trying to find out what powertrain it has. Be sure to watch the live webcast tomorrow (12/04) at [url]www.saturn.com/relay[/url] . [/B][/QUOTE]

3.5 L. 60 degree v-6 with 200 horsepower. This is the new engine from the Malibu. Next year it gets OD (displacement on Demand) . I just watched the first of three clips on the site you posted. Its looking better to me.

spencerb 12-04-2003 12:02 PM

I like the interior. Un-Saturn like and it does have a European look to it. I bet the interior is just a clone of the other vans, but I see it as a vast improvement over the past Saturn interiors.

PLANOSATURN 12-04-2003 12:10 PM

I am excited about the Relay. I'll mis the polymer, but it fits a niche that we have been missing-a multiple passenger vehicle. I have all the specs, but i don't know if I'm supposed share them just yet, plus it's in a huge word document.

Pete93SL1M 12-04-2003 12:12 PM

looks like a Pontiac parts-bin steering wheel. I kind of like it, tho.

PLANOSATURN 12-04-2003 12:22 PM

You can even get "back-up beep beeps"(optional). ABS, 4wheel discs are standard. 17" wheels, power heated outside mirrors, OnStar are also standard. Uplevel includes rear HVAC and power driver's seat. Versatrak and StabiliTrak are optional.

SaturnSdn 12-04-2003 12:23 PM

Yep it's a clone..............to bad the cost of covering the clone with plastic is to high.

Xanatos 12-04-2003 12:33 PM

Humm, after watching those videos I'm much more impressed. They show it from different angles and have it in a much better color (Pewter), and it makes it look a lot better.

I really do like the interior, and I can totally see a lot of "borrowed" elements and looks from the Opel division.

The steering wheel is kinda strange, but I do like the gauges and the center console.

kjackson 12-04-2003 12:34 PM

Looked pretty good to me(and I hate minivans). If I were in the market for one I would give this one some seriuos consideration. The interior is a knockout.., very European.

haypops 12-04-2003 12:34 PM

I watched all three clips and think its really not bad. Of course I am a minivan fan.
Spencerb:I think the interior looks a lot like the VUE.

piney 12-04-2003 12:43 PM

Well, I had to load quick time to see that....

I wonder if they think that we don't know this is a Venture with an XC 90 nose on it? They talk about it like it was a clean sheet design "different from competitors". Different from the Buick, Chebbie, and Pontiac in what way?? And the SUV talk - what a bunch of bunk - it is a freaking minivan, not a SUV and only Ray Charles would confuse it for a SUV.

Please, someone at GM stop sniffing fluorohydrocarbons and give Saturn back to Saturn Fans!!