SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Series General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Taking a break from it. (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264741)

onlinebiker 01-12-2020 02:31 PM

Taking a break from it.

I have a bunch of Saturns.

Consequently - I work on a bunch of Satu rns.

Except from mid November till sometime in the spring.

November 15 is deer firearm season opening day. So I am usually hunting (got 4 this year) or butchering deer (my 4 and my SO's one and sister's one) and filling the freezer. After the first of the year I generally am busy with some project - and getting ready for maple syrup season. This year the project is a new syurp arch (what you use to boil it). This year I'm doing a redesign and supercharging it.

If a car breaks down - we'll just have to drive a different car....

:)

DIYguy 01-12-2020 03:02 PM

Re: Taking a break from it.

Sounds like fun actually.
You can have[I] all[/I] our deer if you like, be my guest.
They are nothing but four-legged rodents and road hazards as far as we are concerned.
We hit one a few years ago and have had many, many near-misses since then.
The best deer is one slow-cooked with a dry rub IMHO (yum).

onlinebiker 01-12-2020 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=DIYguy;2339047]Sounds like fun actually.
You can have[I] all[/I] our deer if you like, be my guest.
They are nothing but four-legged rodents and road hazards as far as we are concerned.
We hit one a few years ago and have had many, many near-misses since then.
The best deer is one slow-cooked with a dry rub IMHO (yum).
:)[/QUOTE]
My favorite is backstraps oven baked in a covered glass dish in sweet red wine, garlic, onion and black pepoer. 3-4 hours at 350f.

Cut with fork.

dummo 01-12-2020 05:22 PM

We are in the midst of a weekend heat wave here in Connecticut. Temps in the mid sixties instead of in the 30s. I changed the oil in my Saturn and 07 Pacifica. Tried to start installing lower control arms but a little grease fitting hole defect in the new part slowed me down to the point I had to stop and clean up. -Looks like thisíll have to wait.

DIYguy 01-12-2020 09:04 PM

[QUOTE]My favorite is backstraps oven baked in a covered glass dish in sweet red wine, garlic, onion and black pepoer. 3-4 hours at 350f.

Cut with fork.[/QUOTE] Oh my.
What time should we be there for dinner?
:D

fdryer 01-12-2020 09:17 PM

Would you two please stop it!? Reading this thread is making me hungry and more worse when recipe descriptions are added......... :arr:

Aaand back to our regular programming. :usa:

focusofheart 01-12-2020 09:34 PM

[QUOTE=fdryer;2339065]Would you two please stop it!? Reading this thread is making me hungry and more worse when recipe descriptions are added......... :arr:

Aaand back to our regular programming. :usa:[/QUOTE]

I will be sensitive to your dilemma and keep an award winning Chocolate Eclair Cake recipe and a favorite Cheesecake recipe to myself and refuse to share how my father would cook deer meat.

Keeping in harmony with this forum's topic, I will let you know that both deserts have been transported by my '98 Saturn often for family gatherings. :yes:

onlinebiker 01-12-2020 10:34 PM

Open invite...

Anybody going to be in the Kalamazoo area -lemme know and I will put on some backstraps in the oven and some beer in the fridge...

fdryer 01-12-2020 11:09 PM

If it wasn't for a good portion of salmon steak and asparagus just a few minutes ago, the open invite is still torture.......spending hours to drive from NYC to Michigan non stop.

Home made food seems to be the best food when the cook adds their personal touch to a recipe. If I could lie to my doctor I would in a heartbeat but she will see my sudden weight gain and blood pressure skyrocketing.......... Someone will always have a better meal as some of us must watch from afar.

A ski vacation in Colorado (Vail) two winters ago allowed me to try a buffalo steak on our last night as reward for not breaking an arm or a leg while skiing Vail four days. I have short term memory loss (mostly selective) but it had to be delicious since I don't remember anything negative about it. That means the next time I'm out west for big mountain skiing, I'll have to refresh my faltering memory and try it again. High cholesterol or not.

DIYguy 01-13-2020 10:56 AM

LOL!

OK, one more thing and I will stop.
A few years ago I had bear ribs at my brother-in-law's cabin in northern Minnesota.
I helped dress it after he bagged it (with a long bow no less).
They were slow cooked for about eight hours, smothered in barbeque sauce.
A tiny bit gamy, but otherwise delicious and like onlinebiker said- [I]Cut with a fork.[/I]
Oh, and we drove the 97' SC2 all the way to Minnesota that trip (to stay on topic).

Speaking of personal recipes-
My wife and I do a chicken salad that is easy to make and utterly delicious.
It is a meal in itself that we do at least once a week.
We had it for dinner last night in fact.

Now I'm getting hungry........

alordofchaos 01-13-2020 02:09 PM

Jiminy - I [I]just [/I]finished eating lunch, and now I am hungry again :D

[QUOTE]If a car breaks down - we'll just have to drive a different car....[/QUOTE] lol, first-world problems. :)

I don't have nearly as many saturns, so if mine breaks down, I scavenge the others for parts. That's why my poor '97 has a defective MAP sensor and is missing the passenger side axle.