SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Saying goodbye to a long time SaturnFan: white95sl1 (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179378)

Spazie 04-14-2012 09:46 PM

Saying goodbye to a long time SaturnFan: white95sl1

I haven't posted on this forum in many many years, but I learned of some sad news today that has brought me out of hiding because I know many on here would like to know about it.

Long time SaturnFans member (and long time friend of mine) Brandon Estep, also known as white95sl1, died in a car accident on March 24th.

Brandon loved driving and loved Saturns. While he joined this forum with his 95 SL1, I first met him when he was driving a yellow 01 SC2, which he adored. He also gave rossao1's red/silver two tone coupe a new loving home, and adopted a variety of mistreated Saturns along the way to give them new life before passing them on to their next owner. Last spring, I ran the Tail of the Dragon with Brandon in his temporary 95 SC2 and had an absolute blast hanging out and talking cars and roller coasters with him again.

He always wanted to drive the most twisted roads there were, and we had many instant messenger discussions about the local mountain roads in his area. We intended to drive them together some day, but distance and time made it difficult for me to ever make it down there.

Next time I drive the Tail, it will be for you, buddy. I know you're hanging out on the best roads there are now.

adventureoflink 04-14-2012 09:57 PM

Re: Saying goodbye to a long time SaturnFan: white95sl1

sorry to hear that man :cry:

cdp326 04-15-2012 12:48 PM

Very sad news. He hadn't posted on here for a little while himself.

Thank you for sharing Spazie. Hope you are well otherwise.

rossao1 04-26-2012 11:21 AM

Oh no... I just read this. PM on the way..

2NDSOUT 04-26-2012 11:30 AM

This sucks. Sad news indeed. While I didn't know him personally, I do remember some of his posts.

Sad. Rest in Peace.

unkle bik 04-26-2012 12:40 PM

Sorry to hear the sad news.

Spazie, was Brandon at the one Columbus meet that you organized back around 2006?

IIRC, SW2Muck & I may have met him & his wife there

Spazie 04-26-2012 02:39 PM

No, he never came to any of the Ohio meets, nor was he married. He lived in Bristol TN. He did come to two the big TN meets we had.

Saturngirl4ever 04-26-2012 08:29 PM

Oh how sad. I didn't know him personally, but I do remember some of his posts.

Thanks for letting us know Spazie.

unkle bik 04-26-2012 09:01 PM

[QUOTE=Spazie;1871542]No, he never came to any of the Ohio meets, nor was he married. He lived in Bristol TN. He did come to two the big TN meets we had.[/QUOTE]

Thanx, cat.

Andrew (sw2muck) & I had a good time @ that meet. I met some nice people there in addition to you. (rossao & DJ to name a few). It would be nice to have another meet, soon like that...:yes:

mike08vue 04-27-2012 10:43 AM

While I didn't know him personally, I remember his posts, its always sad when we lose someone from the group. Our little group is getting smaller and many of the old members and posters are gone for various reasons. I offer my heartfelt condolences.

KrgION03 05-06-2012 01:25 AM

I just discovered this post..very very sad! I remember him very well. Way too young. Rip bud.

Green93SL1 05-11-2012 09:16 PM

I'm Brandon's dad. I really appreciate all of the kind words that you have for Brandon. He was a good son.

It's been 7 weeks since he was killed. It still feels like a nightmare and I just wish that I could wake up and he'd be back with us. I miss him so much.

He loved his Saturns. I'm driving the 04 Vue RL that he bought a couple of years ago. He was unable to keep making the payments and pay for the gas. He was delivering pizza for Domino's and the mileage was just too much. I had always planned on paying off the car and just giving it back to him...wish I had that opportunity now.

BobbyP 05-13-2012 02:03 AM

Brandon will be missed. Sorry for your loss.