SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Thermostat Extension pipe / coolant pipe (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150072)

yzracer14 01-31-2010 11:43 AM

Thermostat Extension pipe / coolant pipe

Does anyone know where to get another one of these? My original one has a large crack on both sides of it and cannot be reinstalled.

fdryer 01-31-2010 11:47 AM

Re: Thermostat Extension pipe / coolant pipe

Tried [URL="rockauto.com"]rockauto.com[/URL] or [URL="saturnparts.net"]saturnparts.net[/URL] yet? There are many places to shop, maybe Autozone online even.

yzracer14 01-31-2010 12:07 PM

yes, i have tried all three of those websites with no luck. All my local saturn dealerships' parts departments are closed today so I was hoping someone here on the forum knew an online source.

yzracer14 01-31-2010 03:19 PM

Thanks for your help but i ended up finding one on ebay. This part is used on a bunch of other types of vehicles, some of them I've never even heard of before. But the main one it's used on is a SAAB 900 from 1994-1998. I found a website that sells them for $63.00 as well as the related o-rings. I'll post the website up later as well as the part number. I ended up finding it on ebay for $35.00 with free priority.

fdryer 01-31-2010 03:42 PM

Hmmm, I'll have to add "e-bay" into the list of sources. :cool:

yzracer14 02-01-2010 08:51 AM

I doubt anyone will ever need this info because I'm pretty sure my incident was a freak accident, but hey, you never know. The part number for the pipe that connects the thermostat to the upper radiator hose is 90411629.

thesaabsite.com/900new/NG900coolingheating.htm

(can't post full URL yet)

There is a website I found where you can get that part along with the o-rings. The part is almost exactly half way down the page.

Someclown 02-01-2010 11:40 AM

A freak accident, This may be a helpful find as the lobes for the bolt which fastens the extension pipe to the block tend to break off of these pipes if you look at them the wrong way

m1super90 03-25-2013 11:12 AM

Yes, I broke the bolt hole tab off of mine and had to replace it. The girl at the dealership working the parts counter happens to be a wrencher and said they break them all the time in the shop.

Also, I took this part to a local welder thinking it was aluminum. He informed me it is made of ZINC! Is this thing supposed to serve as a sacrificial anode? Be better just to drop one into the overflow tank!

rottenmiller 05-26-2014 03:51 PM

I also broke the tab off the thermostat extension tube on my 02 Vue and it still wont come out of the themostat housing Any suggestions? Thanx:dizzy:

m1super90 05-26-2014 07:50 PM

Put a pipe wrench on it and twist/force it out. It's scrap now that you've broken the tab of anyhow. Or, drill a hole clean through it and insert a big long screwdriver shaft to twist and force it out. Just make sure the T-stat housing is firmly bolted down first so it doesn't get damaged.

Chazberry 05-26-2014 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=rottenmiller;2068773]I also broke the tab off the thermostat extension tube on my 02 Vue and it still wont come out of the themostat housing Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

The ACDelco 1510580 Housing comes with a T'stat.
The Ext. Pipe is GM Pt # 90411629
The O-rings are GM Pt # 9129999