SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Series General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   How many SC2s were yellow? (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264508)

onlinebiker 01-04-2020 10:35 PM

How many SC2s were yellow?

What years were available in yellow - and how.many did they make?

It seems like SOMEBODY would be keeping track of such things....

:?:

Waiex191 01-04-2020 10:40 PM

Re: How many SC2s were yellow?

Add this one to your tally:
[url]https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/chesterton-2001-saturn-sc2/7048116681.html[/url]

fetchitfido 01-05-2020 10:02 AM

True actual awesome yellow was only a '00-'02 thing. '91-'99 got semi-close if you squinted (and maybe had a few beers) with GM's famous "tan" :|

No idea on the actual count of cars, probably around 15%.

onlinebiker 01-05-2020 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=Waiex191;2338429]Add this one to your tally:
[url]https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/d/chesterton-2001-saturn-sc2/7048116681.html[/url][/QUOTE]

Funny you mention that... ;) (inside joke)

I have been beaten to the punch more than once - so I stayed quiet til now -- with that exact car in my driveway.

I had the neighbor use his 3/4 ton diesel and my car dolly and we went and got that car.

I had emailed the owner - and she told me that she already had someone coming at noon today - so if they didn't buy it - she would give me a call....

I applied the wisdom of the Ferengi - with Rules of Acquisition, rule #10. -- "Greed is eternal".

I offered to buy it for $375. She was asking $350.

Money talks. Even as little as $25.

It's reasonably rust free. No engine lights. A bad battery - but started easily with a jump. Loud exhaust - flex union from the sound - but ran very smooth. Supposedly has tranny probs. No big deal there. Interior decent. Paint -not too bad. 123k miles.

Cool... Now I have a matched set of 2001 SC2 yellows.

Astrofarian 01-05-2020 01:35 PM

Probably easier to reply as though this were a survey....I've got an '01 SC2 5spd, no sunroof/cloth interior. 170,000 miles or so. It's my D.D. right now.
-M!ke-

trottida 01-05-2020 03:15 PM

You can pull up production numbers on Compnine.com of any GM car based on RPO codes. If anyone has a subscription they can pull this info.

Waiex191 01-05-2020 03:17 PM

[QUOTE]I offered to buy it for $375. She was asking $350.
Money talks. Even as little as $25.[/QUOTE]
When I saw my '98 on Craigslist, I emailed the seller. No reply. But I borrowed $500 cash from my teenager, and we headed to the spot on the Craigslist map. The location was not exact. We drove around the neighborhood until we spotted it and rang the doorbell. The guy answered the door and said he hadn't replied because I wasn't the first. "But you are here, so here are the keys to test drive it" he says. Seemed less rusty than our '99, and overall was not too bad. Grindy third gear, hokey clutch hydraulics, and horrible brakes. Brand new tires and drove straight and smooth. Come tax day 2020 I'll have had the car for two years and no regrets.

I wonder if the seller had any idea how much life was left in it.

toggenburg 01-05-2020 03:25 PM

Not all sellers succumb to greed.
I called on a Craigslist '06 SL2 some years ago.
I arrived, got the keys and went on a nice test drive.
When I returned and really wanted to buy that car, however; was told to hand over the keys to this other person standing nearby.
Seller then says that other person called first. (they had not even driven the car yet).
I countered with more $$, but seller did not consider my offer.

So, I found and bought a '98 SW2 instead.

onlinebiker 01-05-2020 03:36 PM

Rare model - that 06 SL2..

;)

454cid 01-05-2020 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=toggenburg;2338451]Not all sellers succumb to greed.
I called on a Craigslist '06 SL2 some years ago.
I arrived, got the keys and went on a nice test drive.
When I returned and really wanted to buy that car, however; was told to hand over the keys to this other person standing nearby.
Seller then says that other person called first. (they had not even driven the car yet).
I countered with more $$, but seller did not consider my offer.

So, I found and bought a '98 SW2 instead.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda odd that they let you drive the car if they already had someone that "called first". That sounds like maybe the other person was a friend or relative.

alordofchaos 01-12-2020 01:11 PM

[QUOTE=trottida;2338449]You can pull up production numbers on Compnine.com of any GM car based on RPO codes. If anyone has a subscription they can pull this info.[/QUOTE]

bump. it would be neat if the info (cars by color produced each year) could be posted to wikipedia or here, for reference.

(bumping p2 threads, pushing spam threads to p2)