SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   General Motors Pulls the Plug on Saturn, Ending Bold, Creative Automotive Experiment (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145061)

Charlie 10-01-2009 01:54 AM

General Motors Pulls the Plug on Saturn, Ending Bold, Creative Automotive Experiment

A new feeditems entry has been added:

[drupal=3365]General Motors Pulls the Plug on Saturn, Ending Bold, Creative Automotive Experiment[/drupal]

[quote]John Pearley Huffman from Popular Mechanics: With the announcement that General Motors and the Penske Automotive Group have broken off negotiations to transfer ownership of the Saturn brand between them, the Saturn saga sadly ends. Over the next few months, GM will implement the "wind-down" agreements it has with Saturn dealers and start closing up the division.[/quote]

K-1 10-01-2009 07:41 AM

Re: General Motors Pulls the Plug on Saturn, Ending Bold, Creative Automotive Experim

And the red-headed step-child is finally euthanized. Congratulations, Chevy. You win. The R&D dollars are all yours now.

ptrentacosta 10-01-2009 08:31 AM

Re: General Motors Pulls the Plug on Saturn, Ending Bold, Creative Automotive Experim

I wonder how Saturn owners will be treated when they start showing up at Chevy dealerships to service their Saturns......

SaturnIONSLVUE 10-01-2009 09:06 AM

Saturn is now like the TWA's Convair 880s in this video. And Like TWA itself gone into the American Sunset.

Dwight Yoakam - Things Change

[url]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1092170523[/url]

NOTE: That is NOT my MYSPACE page.

crystal scan 10-01-2009 10:29 AM

well saturn it was nice knowing you where a great car company, its very sad to see you go

eRic 02sc2 10-01-2009 01:18 PM

I just noticed that Saturn is no longer on the media.gm.com web page. it was there yesterday... :hmm:

unkle bik 10-01-2009 02:42 PM

[QUOTE=SaturnIONSLVUE;1522151]Dwight Yoakam - Things Change

[/QUOTE]

Isn't Dwight Yoakam a Republican?

Chazberry 10-01-2009 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=SaturnIONSLVUE;1522151]Things Change
[/QUOTE]

They sure do! But lately, it always seems to be for the worse! :(

eRic 02sc2 10-01-2009 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
what's wrong with this picture?

ptrentacosta 10-01-2009 04:55 PM

the GM Media Online website still shows the Hummer, Pontiac and Saab logos but not the Saturn

mike08vue 10-01-2009 05:59 PM

[QUOTE=ptrentacosta;1522519]the GM Media Online website still shows the Hummer, Pontiac and Saab logos but not the Saturn[/QUOTE]

Just couldn't wait to dump Saturn, could they? I wonder why Pontiac is still listed--didn't it go first? I thought Saab was already sold off to Konisiegg; why are they still listed. Saturn--Truly a Redheadded Stepchild!!!:hmpf:

Mizzou 10-01-2009 06:40 PM

so are people still going to make parts for our cars???

adventureoflink 10-01-2009 11:37 PM

Don't know about you guys, but when I goto [url]www.gm.com[/url] and click All GM sites, Saturn is in the list, hell even OLDSMOBILE is still there, and that's been gone for over FIVE years now. :eek: Click All Vehicles, and Saturn is in the right-hand list. :dizzy::eek:

jaman 10-02-2009 12:56 AM

looks like Saturn just took its last blow to me :no:

to bad,[U] a good thing gone bad [/U] :yes:

anybody want to buy a new Saturn ??? get um wall there hot !!!!!

NOW ----ON THE OTHER HAND, IF YOUR A COLLECTOR OF DISCONTINUED THINGS ??

Saturn's will soon become HARD TO GET !!! so, that's cool .

eRic 02sc2 10-02-2009 10:08 PM

I got this letter today :hmm:

[QUOTE]
October 1, 2009

Dear Saturn Owner,

It is with great regret that we inform you that the transaction between GM and Penske Automotive has been cancelled. For us, this means the Saturn brand will not be sold and GM will now begin to wind down all Saturn Facilities.

For you, this means that in the near term nothing will change. We will continue to service your Saturn and do warranty repairs at our two locations.

In the longer term, your warranty will be serviced at other GM dealerships.

We would be honored to continue to do your maintenance and non-warranty repairs with our Saturn Factory Trained Technicians at our two facilities as we transition to life after Saturn.

We will continue to sell the new Saturn vehicles that we have in stock from one of the largest inventories in Michigan. As you know, the Saturn lineup is the best that GM has to offer! We expect them to move quickly with the great savings we have to offer.

Thank you for your loyalty and good wishes. We were one of the original Saturn Retailers. We joined with Saturn because the unique approach and focus on a great service and sales experience was what we believed you deserved. It was a privilege to be a part of Saturn and its mission.

Sincerely,

President[/QUOTE]