SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   S-Series General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   Current Motor Oil Rebates (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190070)

colonelhogan44 03-24-2013 08:40 PM

Current Motor Oil Rebates

I'm starting this thread to help the word spread on motor oil promotions. We all like a great deal, right?

Hopefully this will get stickied, but if not, we can just keep resurrecting it.

1st:
$10 off Pennzoil Platinum or Ultra (thanks alordofchaos)
[url]http://www.pennzoil.com/national-promotion/[/url]

Luthin 03-30-2013 05:42 PM

Re: Current Motor Oil Rebates

Good idea on this Colonel, thanks for starting this for us! I will definitely add any deals that I come across.

NWSaturn247 03-30-2013 10:49 PM

Can this thread also serve to notify members of other great deals, not just oil rebates? Would be good if all great deals were contained in one thread.

NWSaturn247 03-31-2013 02:22 PM

Mobil 1 rebate. Be sure to purchase from a store on their list!

[URL="http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Promotions/Store_Rebate_Mobil_1_Rules.aspx"]http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Promotions/Store_Rebate_Mobil_1_Rules.aspx[/URL]

Signmaster 03-31-2013 07:03 PM

Late to the game, but someone on the west coast might have time...

Valvoline has a $10 rebate on Nextgen oils, 5 or more quarts. Ends today 3/31

taatman 04-01-2013 03:22 AM

[QUOTE=Signmaster;1967613]Late to the game, but someone on the west coast might have time...

Valvoline has a $10 rebate on Nextgen oils, 5 or more quarts. Ends today 3/31[/QUOTE]

Next Gen oil = epic failure. Local Wal Mart has that stuff on clearance. I'll stick with Penzoil or Mobil. I have no fact showing it's a bad oil, I just feel tingly more good getting the same rebate with PZ or Mobil. Plus, even if there was a rebate on the Valvoline I still wouldn't use it. :stoplight

taatman 04-01-2013 03:29 AM

[QUOTE=NWSaturn247;1967557]Mobil 1 rebate. Be sure to purchase from a store on their list!

[URL="http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Promotions/Store_Rebate_Mobil_1_Rules.aspx"]http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Promotions/Store_Rebate_Mobil_1_Rules.aspx[/URL][/QUOTE]

Pffft, just how much exactly is the oil at these stores? Army Air Force Excahange, Fred Myers, and Amazon are the only stores I heard of. My guess, these stores have some over supply and its an incentive for them to move older inventory from the shelve.

For the Penzoil rebate, did you get a confirmation after submitting it online? I submitted mine but got no confirmation they received. I guess once someone approves my receipt then they send an approval? I've never seen this before, but with the Penzoil rebate you can submit it with your receipt online. I took a pic with my cell phone, uploaded it on the web site and that was it. Took maybe 3 minutes to do. :yes:

NWSaturn247 04-01-2013 03:36 AM

Taatman-"Pffft, just how much exactly is the oil at these stores? Army Air Force Excahange, Fred Myers, and Amazon are the only stores I heard of. My guess, these stores have some over supply and its an incentive for them to move older inventory from the shelve."

Last year I got a 5 quart jug at Bi-Mart for $25. I mailed in my rebate and got a check for $12=$13 plus USPS stamp. That's pretty cheap for oil speced for Mercedes.

Signmaster 04-01-2013 07:15 AM

[QUOTE=taatman;1967750]Next Gen oil = epic failure. Local Wal Mart has that stuff on clearance. I'll stick with Penzoil or Mobil. I have no fact showing it's a bad oil, I just feel tingly more good getting the same rebate with PZ or Mobil. Plus, even if there was a rebate on the Valvoline I still wouldn't use it. :stoplight[/QUOTE]

Of the UOA posts I've seen, I've yet to see one with negative response on the Nextgen oil. I'm sure there are better oils, but at the minimal mileage changes most of us do, just about any average or above oil will perform well.

colonelhogan44 04-01-2013 11:44 AM

Let's keep this thread strictly on topic. If we water it down with chatter or motor oil debates, it could be really frustrating/not useful. If you don't like NextGen oil, start a new thread about it.

adventureoflink 04-01-2013 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=colonelhogan44;1965679]Hopefully this will get stickied, but if not, we can just keep resurrecting it.[/QUOTE]
if you want a thread stickied, report the first post and ask Charlie to do so.

that being said, last time I was at Advanced, mobil 1 full synthetic oil+mobil 1 filter was $33.

colonelhogan44 04-01-2013 07:37 PM

Which would put it at $18 after the rebate = Cheaper than dino. This thread will remove all the excuses to go synthetic.

And thanks for the tip, that's exactly what I did.

Signmaster 04-01-2013 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=colonelhogan44;1967914]Which would put it at $18 after the rebate = Cheaper than dino. This thread will remove all the excuses to go synthetic.

And thanks for the tip, that's exactly what I did.[/QUOTE]

The last synthetic I picked up was free. :D

colonelhogan44 04-02-2013 01:48 AM

My G-Oil was supposed to be free...but I never got the rebate. I even emailed, and was assured that, "There was a delay, but the check is in the mail"...

:hmpf:

NWSaturn247 04-05-2013 12:40 AM

OT but if you are in the Pacific NW, Les Schwab has a special on alignments with text coupon. I am signed up on my cell phone to receive text specials. Today I received a text coupon for a $83.50 alignment for only $25! I forget what the signup word is but the text number is 27299. Pretty sweet deal.

taatman 04-05-2013 12:59 AM

Did any one get a confirmation on the Penzoil rebate? I did mine online a week ago and I haven't heard back yet...

colonelhogan44 04-06-2013 03:16 AM

[QUOTE=NWSaturn247;1968902]OT but if you are in the Pacific NW, Les Schwab has a special on alignments with text coupon. I am signed up on my cell phone to receive text specials. Today I received a text coupon for a $83.50 alignment for only $25! I forget what the signup word is but the text number is 27299. Pretty sweet deal.[/QUOTE]

Would you happen to have that promo code? I need to get an alignment on my other vehicle, and Les Schwab just came to my area.

NWSaturn247 04-06-2013 03:01 PM

The promo code is: DMT08

But I think you have to show them the text. I'm going there today to either get an alignment or set up a date. They are a busy shop! I'll look at the sign and update you or you could swing on by. Glad to see you've got a Les Schwab. I had a blowout in San Jose years ago and drove on a donut all the way to Chula Vista! Got a used tire replacement from a small independent and when I got back to Oregon I got a new tire plus reimbursement for the used tire! Go Les Schwab!

NWSaturn247 04-06-2013 08:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I sent 'align' to 27299 on another cell phone to test it out and received a comfirmation. No special sent but it said to look for future offers.

Banjoman 04-25-2013 09:33 AM

I bought a 5 qt jug of Pennzoil Platinum at Walmart for $22.49, got online and printed out their sheet and mailed it. I got an email confirmation next day, I should get $10+a coupon for $5 off next purchase.:)