SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Bearing noise (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238151)

Noman 09-29-2019 09:54 AM

Bearing noise

Hello, I have 2006 Saturn Vue. Iím getting a bearing groan under my feet, I can feel it in the floor both driver side and passenger side and can feel it in the brake pedal. Itís not the typical wheel bearing noise that gets louder going around curves. It starts as soon as the Vue starts moving and gets louder the faster it goes. Is there a way to determine if itís the intermediate shaft bear or the bearing at the ends of the differential? I think this is like a typical differential that has axel shaft bearings at the end of the differential. The noise has gotten a lot louder over the last couple weeks

Noman 09-29-2019 01:07 PM

Re: Bearing noise

I raised all four corners and put it I. Gear to listen and the sound is coming from the drivers side. Canít tell if itís the wheel bearing though.

waiter21 09-29-2019 04:34 PM

Wheel bearings, change both sides.

Noman 09-29-2019 05:20 PM

Keeps throwing me for a loop. Iíve had front bearing go bad and it get louder when going around curves. And this doesnít do that.

SL2 Ride 10-04-2019 06:28 PM

[QUOTE=Noman;2307350]Keeps throwing me for a loop. Iíve had front bearing go bad and it get louder when going around curves. And this doesnít do that.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen on my Aura. It was both front wheels making noise. I'm very familiar with the sound of bad wheel bearings, so I just went ahead and bought new bearings, and sure enough it fixed the noise problem.
But like you, it had me really scratching my head on why it didn't get louder on corners.

Noman 10-05-2019 09:59 PM

Looks like Iíll be changing wheel bearings. Thanks for the help.

Cavell 10-06-2019 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Like this? At least vikes are winning

Noman 10-13-2019 10:56 AM

Iíve never changed wheel bearings without removing the cv shaft

Bismarck318 10-24-2019 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=Noman;2307326]I raised all four corners and put it I. Gear to listen and the sound is coming from the drivers side. Canít tell if itís the wheel bearing though.[/QUOTE]

Sounds dangerous, but if you have access to the correct facilities......

[QUOTE=waiter21;2307349]Wheel bearings, change both sides.[/QUOTE]

Only $861 on my last go around :yes:

Northerner 11-01-2019 10:26 AM

[QUOTE=Cavell;2307689]Like this? At least vikes are winning[/QUOTE]

Vikes fan here.

Is there a simple way to determine whether or not my rear brakes are ABS or not, before I buy some wheel bearings off Rock Auto?

I'm sure they are ABS, but the last thing I want to do is order the "w/ABS" wheel bearings only for my mechanic to have the truck up in the middle of a job and find they are in fact not ABS.

Mine is a 2.2L, with manual stick shift. I do have power windows (indication it's a little bit better of a model??)

carlito 11-01-2019 12:23 PM

Look for the sensor wires and mounting bracket