SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Am/fm radio problem (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215169)

Dogman68 02-16-2016 02:02 PM

Am/fm radio problem

Hello out there! I need some help with my 99 Saturn sl (Radio) the am/fm was working, but now you can"t change stations their is nothing showing on the screen I can get one channel (poorly) and a lot of static I installed a different factory radio but get the same results I would appreciate any help thank you in advance RLF.:yes::

pierrot 02-16-2016 09:40 PM

Re: Am/fm radio problem

[QUOTE=Dogman68;2180730]Hello out there! I need some help with my 99 Saturn sl (Radio) the am/fm was working, but now you can"t change stations their is nothing showing on the screen I can get one channel (poorly) and a lot of static[/QUOTE]

Have you checked your antenna and its cable connections? Is this reception problem something which happened gradually or all of a sudden?

[QUOTE=Dogman68;2180730] I installed a different factory radio but get the same results I would appreciate any help thank you in advance RLF.:yes::[/QUOTE]

If I'm understanding you correctly, you're only able to receive one channel with the replacement radio. Regardless of reception, can you change channels or see anything on the screen with your replacement radio or not?

(Greater care with punctuation in your post would make your sentences more easily understood.)

Dogman68 02-16-2016 10:22 PM

pierrot ! thank you for the quick reply,, pardon the grammer I"am not very educated. The radio had worked good , But during my extensive search as to why their was no spark to my plugs including removing the E.C.M. and reinstalling, I now have the radio issue, it was not possible to change channels and no features on the screen.I bought the same radio on ebay and installed it, with same problem, so their is my delema, I read something about a (code) issue with Saturn sl and have no idea how to attempt repair, even if it is possible I would appreciate any ideas thank you RLF.

pierrot 02-16-2016 11:40 PM

So all of this began to happen with your radio after you were doing work around the ECM? Was there any wiring problem associated ECM's removal and re-installation? While you were removing and reinstalling that part were you doing so with the battery disconnected or connected?

I'm not at all familiar with the S Series radios and why they should behave unusually in this way. The L Series cars have only one radio with any kind of security built into the unit and although I now have one of them, I've not activated the security feature. In my case the upgrade from the CD-AM/FM radio which was originally in the car, to the CD-Cassette Deck-AM/FM radio was basically a "plug and play" operation with no problems whatsoever.

I would suggest copying your original message here and placing it in one of the S Series Forums where you're likely to get more helpful replies.

ruley73 02-17-2016 07:16 PM

Since the issue was replicated with two known good radios, the problem is likely elsewhere. Start by checking your fuses; specifically the 10A RADIO and 10A CHIME fuses in the interior fuse panel on the right side of the console. The radio fuse only affects the radio, but the chime fuse will also kill your chime warning & keyless entry (if equipped with power locks) if it is blown.