SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue Tech (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Fog Lights, Dashboard lights, Tail lights are not working (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137942)

dbunch 05-04-2009 11:49 AM

Fog Lights, Dashboard lights, Tail lights are not working

2004 Saurn Vue
AWD 6cyl
OUT OF WARRANTY

I got up the other morning and started the car and the main light on the Dashboard that lights up the Speedometer and everything else did not come on.

My fog lights don't turn on and it seems my Tail lights aren't working either.

I was told it was a fuse.. After looking at my fuse panel it looked like the fuse panel on the interior passenger side labeled IGN1 was the one.

But I pulled the fuse and it looks good.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks

Tom92SCm 05-04-2009 12:32 PM

Re: Fog Lights, Dashboard lights, Tail lights are not working

Do your wipers work? If not, I suspect your BCM (Body Control Module) is bad.

far2grumpy 05-04-2009 02:25 PM

[QUOTE=dbunch;1445581]
I got up the other morning and started the car and the main light on the Dashboard that lights up the Speedometer and everything else did not come on.

My fog lights don't turn on and it seems my Tail lights aren't working either.

I was told it was a fuse.. After looking at my fuse panel it looked like the fuse panel on the interior passenger side labeled IGN1 was the one.

But I pulled the fuse and it looks good.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the boat with Tom92CM on this one.

Does the problem still exist?

If so, and you have no better offers, you could disconnect the battery ground cable for 10 to 15 minutes, then reconnect and see what happens. This has been known to clear confused BCM logic circuits - on a temporary basis.

dbunch 05-06-2009 03:04 PM

Tom,

Yes the windshield wipers are working fine.

[QUOTE=Tom92SCm;1445602]Do your wipers work? If not, I suspect your BCM (Body Control Module) is bad.[/QUOTE]

Bismarck318 05-07-2009 06:41 PM

Could it be a ground bus located under the carpet?? I'm unsure if Saturn did this, but past GM cars did this, poor design, problem would or could be intermitant.

VTchemist 05-08-2009 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A poster (a few years ago) described a similar problem. I thought I remembered his "grounding" contact has rusted away. It's in the rear of the VUE.

Might this be the case? Can you get under your VUE to inspect the various wires that are supposed to be grounding the wires.

If you can't, try this.[LIST][*]Access your wiring harness in the jack storage area.[*]Find the ground wire (green),[*]Run a wire from the green connector to a solid metal point on your body (you may have to scrap away a painted surface in the jack area). [*]Connect the wire and test the lights.[/LIST]
I uploaded a photo of the harness to this note.

Hope this is of help to you...

mlloydlgt 03-05-2014 09:01 PM

dbunch,

I'm in the same here. I see this thread is old now, but did you find a solution?

no dash lights, no tail lights, but wipers work fine....

[QUOTE=dbunch;1447023]Tom,

Yes the windshield wipers are working fine.[/QUOTE]

spectrum88 05-03-2015 06:32 PM

i just ran into this situation because i recently pulled the combination switch out because it was damaged, thinking all the vues were the same, went to a local salvage yard and got one, got home plugged it in, nothing. only thing i get is blinkers, and low and high beam. so going to order a new one in hopes it works. it worked before should work again.

leckster 10-10-2015 03:33 PM

tl;dr Check you PARK fuse in your interior fuse box.

Just want to update this thread with what worked for me. I had exactly the same problem, no Fog, no Dashlight, no idle rear lights (break lights work). I looked in the small fuse panel on the passenger side of the car and sure enough the 10A PARK fuse was blown. Replaced it and now everything is good :D.

I drive a 2003 Saturn Vue 3.0L V6 AWD