SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Astra General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Possible Met & Greet Houston Astra Owners? (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162286)

Lunchbox1984 12-30-2010 03:01 PM

Possible Met & Greet Houston Astra Owners?

Hey guys and gals, was wanting to know if anyone in the Houston Area and surrounding would like to do a Met & Greet sometime. Figured there are probably plenty of us out there and have probably seen eachother on the road but have done the (who the hell are you?) if we hook at each other.

I have been down here for about 2 1/2 yrs now and wouldnt mind meeting up with the rest of the people in the Area that have our great Cars.

Post some ideas and thoughts of what we need too do and where would be a great place to do this. im open too anything. :D

tallNewfie 12-30-2010 11:05 PM

Re: Possible Met & Greet Houston Astra Owners?

Hey!
I'm not actually in Houston, but might possibly be interested. We live in College Station/Bryan and come down to Houston periodically. I will keep watching to see if anything develops with this. :-)

Bryan

Lunchbox1984 12-31-2010 09:35 PM

[QUOTE=tallNewfie;1696163]Hey!
I'm not actually in Houston, but might possibly be interested. We live in College Station/Bryan and come down to Houston periodically. I will keep watching to see if anything develops with this. :-)

Bryan[/QUOTE]

yea, that would be cool too, guess i need to span it out a bit then, lol. Im guessing we have quite a few people in Texas that own Astras i guess.

Lunchbox1984 01-10-2011 12:32 AM

Well, figured i would bump this, sense its now past the holidays and what-nots. Still wanting to know if any of you guys or gals even, would like to do a Meet and Greet that live around or in the Greater Houston Area. Please post here and if we can get enough peeps together, maybe we can make this happen.

If only a few would like to meet up, then that would be cool as well.

Like i said, post up and we will see what everyone wants to do.

tallNewfie 01-12-2011 01:05 AM

Maybe there aren't many Houstoners on here anymore?
For those who are, does anyone have a grey three door XR on here? And might have been parked outside Michaels on Westheimer? I was going to take a side-by-side shot since I see so few Astra's, but my wife was with me and felt it was too creepy. :)

Lunchbox1984 01-12-2011 10:01 PM

[QUOTE=tallNewfie;1700881]Maybe there aren't many Houstoners on here anymore?
For those who are, does anyone have a grey three door XR on here? And might have been parked outside Michaels on Westheimer? I was going to take a side-by-side shot since I see so few Astra's, but my wife was with me and felt it was too creepy. :)[/QUOTE]

lmao, that isnt creepy. I would have done it. I own a Red XR 2dr that normally roles around dirty as hell, just because of where i work it gets dirty no matter what. so, if you see me buzzin around town, honk or role up next too me, lol. ill buy yah a beer. :D

i only know one other person here in Houston that has a Astra and he has the Baisc Blue XE 4dr one and lives in Cypress.

Jzguru 01-13-2011 07:50 PM

Hey Lunchbox,

I was a California Transplant having just arrived in Houston for a week and a half until somebody decided to destroy my Astra on the Beltway 8 :( this past December 22. Currently getting my Check from the insurance company. I'm now looking at buying another Astra so I may join you if you want to have a 3 person reunion ;) ... Loved (NOT) everyone's response when they told me "You need a truck out here in Texas".. makes me want to go back to Cali where a smaller vehicle is appreciated.

Lunchbox1984 01-13-2011 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Jzguru;1701459]Hey Lunchbox,

I was a California Transplant having just arrived in Houston for a week and a half until somebody decided to destroy my Astra on the Beltway 8 :( this past December 22. Currently getting my Check from the insurance company. I'm now looking at buying another Astra so I may join you if you want to have a 3 person reunion ;) ... Loved (NOT) everyone's response when they told me "You need a truck out here in Texas".. makes me want to go back to Cali where a smaller vehicle is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

yea don't listen to those idiots, they are just jealous when we pass them at the fuel pump for the 3rd time in a week and we just broke a 1/2 a tank full. Yea bro, im down for whatever day you guys want to meet up, im swamped during the week, i normally don't get home till 630pm, but im down on Saturdays after 12pm.

Just let me know what you guys want to do, meet up at Hooters for some Beer, Wings, and Ladies.

Lunchbox1984 01-17-2011 09:29 PM

[IMG]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/Lunchbox21984/HosutonAstraCarClubPicture.jpg[/IMG]

so, anyone else wana do this. Because i think it would be cool to show up at a Hooters or something with like 20 something Astra's in the parking lot and people be like WTF?????? lol.

Let me know guys and gals, like to see something like this take off and we can possible do this every year or something. :D

Need a Place, Date, and Time in the Local Houston Area.

[B][U]List of People interested:[/U][/B]
Lunchbox21984 (Founder)

[B][U]People that might make it:[/U][/B]

phatfire6 01-17-2011 10:42 PM

I'd go if it were closer. Maine is just about as far away as you can get from Texas.

Lunchbox1984 01-17-2011 11:15 PM

lols, dude it would be kick ass if you could show up.

Lunchbox1984 01-21-2011 09:58 PM

Bumps for more info, havent heard anything from anyone yet.

tallNewfie 01-21-2011 10:39 PM

Hey!
I don't think that you can factor me in when you are doing your planning, as recently I have been to houston very little, and I don't think I will be going in for a while. That said, if your get together happens to be on the weekend and I am in there I will definitely drop by.

Cheers!

Lunchbox1984 01-22-2011 08:10 AM

well that is my idea to have this on a weekend, cause mostly everyone is off on the weekends. myself i work half a day on saturday and then im off the rest.

I just wanted someone to post here some ideas, date, time, and what-not and then everyone pick that everyone would agree on then we go with it. So thats where im at.

Weekends work best for me, so bring on the times and date.