SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Thank You for Helping Save Saturn (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139593)

Charlie 06-07-2009 05:34 PM

Thank You for Helping Save Saturn

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=3113]Thank You for Helping Save Saturn[/drupal]

[quote]With Friday's announcement of Roger Penske's intent to purchase Saturn from General Motors, I am officially closing the SaturnFans.com "Save Saturn" petition. It worked! Thank you for your help saving Saturn! Whether you just signed the petition, or did more by helping spread the word among friends and family, your efforts paid off.[/quote]

piney 06-07-2009 05:39 PM

Re: Thank You for Helping Save Saturn

It really wasn't that much of an effort but I'm glad that something was salvaged. :yes: I'd have way too much time on my hands if it weren't for this site...

eRic 02sc2 06-07-2009 05:46 PM

so do we get a hat, t-shirt or something for "saving" Saturn?

rollsroyce250 06-07-2009 06:23 PM

What's saved besides the name? The cars are still GM for two years, and after that? The only saving I would get excited about is back to cheap reliable cars with polymer panels. Anything else is not "Saturn".

Red Ryder 06-07-2009 06:48 PM

from the malibu guys, congrats on penskie stepping up to the plate and saving Saturn. Long live Saturn! (Now if they could somehow pick up Ponitac from the grave.....)

Jzguru 06-07-2009 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=rollsroyce250;1462883]What's saved besides the name? The cars are still GM for two years, and after that? The only saving I would get excited about is back to cheap reliable cars with polymer panels. Anything else is not "Saturn".[/QUOTE]

Yeah ROLLS but it sure beats the alternative of completely having the door closed on Us. At least, some of us can look forward to what Mr. Penske has up his sleeve... As i stated in a previous post, any vehicle with a Nissan underpinning would pretty much get me out of the Saturn market. However, Mr. Penske has talked about bringing other vehicles into the lineup... Im all for exploring that option Rather than sitting here on this Forum talkin about "The Good Ole Days"

Tiger 06-07-2009 07:30 PM

For me, what Saturn being saved means thousands of jobs saved at dealerships for now. Also, I may be able to get parts for my car from the dealership (like this week when my window slider broke). I am open to Saturn in the future, if they have a car that meets my needs.

s-seriesguy 06-07-2009 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=rollsroyce250;1462883]What's saved besides the name?[/QUOTE]
Besides the name and the jobs of Saturn dealer employees, nothing at all

SaturnIONSLVUE 06-07-2009 08:06 PM

[quote=rollsroyce250;1462883]what's saved besides the name? The cars are still gm for two years, and after that? The only saving i would get excited about is back to cheap reliable cars with polymer panels. Anything else is not "saturn".[/quote]

i agree, it not a saturn without polymer! I would not buy a non-polymer saturn.

adventureoflink 06-08-2009 12:32 AM

[QUOTE=SaturnIONSLVUE;1462931]i agree, it not a saturn without polymer! I would not buy a non-polymer saturn.[/QUOTE]
Remember, if it doesn't drink oil, it's not a saturn. :snide::rolleyes::p

AJR 06-08-2009 09:25 AM

Well, it's not only the parts and jobs, but I'm also pretty glad the dealer network is saved and I still have a place to go where the mechanics are trained to know my 2 cars inside and out.

Both my cars are out of warranty. I don't know where I was gonna go for service since I've never been able to find and independent that was trustworthy and I'm not sure if I could have gone to just any GM dealer.

I would take a look at anything Saturn has to offer in a new car, no matter where it comes from. As long as it's a reliable, quality product.

I'm sorry to say that I no longer feel any loyalty to any car company, especially GM and Chrysler, who would take so much of our tax dollars and then file for bankruptcy anyway.

I think of all the money that GM owes the company where my wife works, that they won't pay back now. It makes me mad.

Andy