SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135638)

Charlie 03-21-2009 08:44 AM

Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=2944]Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency[/drupal]

[quote]The third of three new commercials narrated by Saturn retail store owners focuses on the fuel efficiency of Saturn's vehicles. This ad features Karen Radley who owns Saturn of Fredericksburg in Virginia. By the way, if you want to see the stunning lines of the Vue and Aura in high-definition on your big screen television, SaturnFans.com hears that the new TV spots will air throughout the NCAA basketball tournament on CBS.[/quote]

marx404 03-21-2009 01:53 PM

Re: Video: Third of Three New Saturn Commercials Focuses on Fuel Efficiency

Cool looking commercials, they look alot like a LG Phone commercial. I wish they showed other cars than the Hybrids too though. I'm just glad that they [U]have[/U] commercials.

spork 03-21-2009 10:26 PM

I think maybe another reason Saturn is having problems, beside the obvious, is that they have been pushing these "fake" "starter motor" hybrids. I think most people see them for what they are. I suppose if you had been driving something that got 20mpg or less and then went to one of the fake hybrids that gets slightly more than 30mpg, that might seem like magic. The problem is, my 2000 L averages 32mpg. If Saturn had built a real hybrid, like the Prius or Civic, then we'd be talking 40+mpg. In the case of hybrids, you get what you pay for.

marx404 03-22-2009 10:45 AM

[QUOTE=spork;1420211]I think maybe another reason Saturn is having problems, beside the obvious, is that they have been pushing these "fake" "starter motor" hybrids. I think most people see them for what they are. I suppose if you had been driving something that got 20mpg or less and then went to one of the fake hybrids that gets slightly more than 30mpg, that might seem like magic. The problem is, my 2000 L averages 32mpg. If Saturn had built a real hybrid, like the Prius or Civic, then we'd be talking 40+mpg. In the case of hybrids, you get what you pay for.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully Saturn will one day return to the 30-40mpg efficiency that the S-Series had. Mild hybrids are a viable alternative to full hybrids although over-priced IMO and not worth it when there is a 33mpg 4cyl Aura for thousands less. As you point out, the old Ecotec was very efficient.

As GM adds on more and more safety feature weight, they have been losing mpg ratings. Batteries are another issue why everyone isn't driving a Prius or Civis hybrid , but it looks from what I have read that advancements are being made in lithium-ion technology.

Sigh* at least Saturn has a nice looking commercial, I am greatful for that.

AuraDrvr89 03-23-2009 01:17 PM

I like this commercial. I was at home the other day when I hear my Mom scream "JOEL, COME QUICK, YOUR CAR IS ON TV!"

My family knows how I get excited when Saturn/Aura Commercials come on..

:cool: