SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Saturn Discussion (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tired of the negativity (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136186)

satfom 03-31-2009 02:56 PM

Tired of the negativity

I have been a Saturn employee for 10 years and have been a frequent visitor to this forum, do not post a lot and usually enjoy what people have to say. We are all aware of the situation that both Saturn and GM are in. We are all aware of the changes with Saturn in recent years of becoming GM. We all miss the old days and the old product but guess what, they are not coming back.
There is a small group of individuals who frequent this forum who apparently take pleasure in spreading negativity. They feel the need to make comments regardless of the subject and no matter how little they know about it. Go elsewhere if you have given up and have nothing positive to say. The name of the site is "Saturn Fans" for those who have lost focus. Fan is short for fanatic. I am fanatical about the ongoing existence of this company no matter what GM lays out there for us. Regardless of what product we are selling, we will still have the best group of employees, the best sales experience and the best service experience of any manufacturer out there. Hopefully the economy and customer confidence changes soon and allows us to remain here to further assist our current customer and welcome new members to the family.

Thanks.
Carl Burke-F.O.M./Saturn of Norwood

P.S. Charlie, if you feel this is inappropriate, feel free to do with it as you wish and keep up the great work.

saturn of cary -Jill 03-31-2009 04:38 PM

Re: Tired of the negativity

Amen! Thanks for saying what we have been thinking! :yes:
Cheers,
Jill
Saturn of Cary Internet Manager

oduhoo 03-31-2009 04:51 PM

[QUOTE=saturn of cary -Jill;1426163]Amen! Thanks for saying what we have been thinking! :yes:
Cheers,
Jill
Saturn of Cary Internet Manager[/QUOTE]

I agree too, and I don't work for Saturn. I have never owned a GM product in 30 years of purchasing cars and own 2 Hondas in addition to my recently purchased Astra. And for those who think that positive people are simple fools, we aren't. As a degreed engineer (including masters) from one of the best public universities in America (Univ of Virginia), I can see that GM (Europe and Americs) can make good cars. Years of stupid decisions have resulted in lots of crap, but it might now change.

PontiacLvr 03-31-2009 05:34 PM

I agree as well...my my how the tide changes...constructive critisim is good and we all are an armchair CEO at somepoint but people seem to forget that Saturn fans is for fans! and that there is a fair amount of saturn employee who frequent this website. let respect these people...people

They are caught in this crappy economy just like the rest of us.. Saturn is something to everyone , It could be the car, the polymer, the service or any combination of ideals or objects ...

unit731 03-31-2009 05:35 PM

I'm happy with my 2004 Saturn ION 2.

No complaints. It's a good average car. Reliable for me.

bigbird 03-31-2009 06:00 PM

We've got an '07 Ion3 in the family (4th Saturn owned). Very happy with it. I wish Saturn had been making Ions last summer. I would have bought a 2.4 Ion3 instead of an '08 Cobalt. At least I tried to support GM and the UAW rather than send my money overseas.

sattech 03-31-2009 07:00 PM

I say!!!

GR898SL2 03-31-2009 08:20 PM

I think now that a clearer picture has emerged about Saturn's fate moving forward, thanks to the FOT (Franchise Operations Team), some of the negativity will go away. There will still be griping for sure, but nowhere as bad as it's been the past 3-4 months.

:flag:

VTHokie00SL2 03-31-2009 08:23 PM

I just want a reliable, affordable, sporty car designed and built in the United States with dent resistant body panels. Give me that, and I'll stop being negative! :)

GR898SL2 03-31-2009 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=VTHokie00SL2;1426294]I just want a reliable, affordable, sporty car designed and built in the United States with dent resistant body panels. Give me that, and I'll stop being negative! :)[/QUOTE]

Even if the brand isn't named Saturn? Just messing with you. I know the answer is a definite yes.

:flag:

hand-filer 03-31-2009 09:19 PM

Carl,

Thanks for saying what had to be said. Change is inevitable and it is coming at us harder and faster all the time.
The only way to deal with it is to remain positive and accept it.
I remain hopeful that those working behind the scenes accomplish their objectives to keep the brand alive and move it forward.
The old days are gone and they ain't comin' back.
I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.

steadler 03-31-2009 09:53 PM

[QUOTE=oduhoo;1426172]I agree too, and I don't work for Saturn. I have never owned a GM product in 30 years of purchasing cars and own 2 Hondas in addition to my recently purchased Astra. And for those who think that positive people are simple fools, we aren't. As a degreed engineer (including masters) from one of the best public universities in America (Univ of Virginia), I can see that GM (Europe and Americs) can make good cars. Years of stupid decisions have resulted in lots of crap, but it might now change.[/QUOTE]

Some people will always criticizes. now that there is a speck of light at the end of the tunnel.
they will focus on something else... ok ,it's (Saturn) not dead but ........

They did/do make positive people look like simple fools because they think they know better.
I was/am positive about Saturn future .... I am no dummy .... I worked has a process analyst for a large corporation.
Saturn top management are not fools or idiots that don't know what they are doing. It is very hard and complicated.
Critics will all say .... all they have to do is this and that..... move this and that....

I don't take these critics very seriously...anyway they will blinded by the light.....:);):yes::cake:

wolfman 03-31-2009 10:01 PM

[I]And the band played on...[/I]

Growser 03-31-2009 10:32 PM

Carl, not to take away from your post but all you hear in the media is negativity. I wonder how much better our economy would recover if the media was silent.

steadler 03-31-2009 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=wolfman;1426359][I]And the band played on...[/I][/QUOTE]

Did they play on the Ship of Fools ?

Oh .. wait .... tomorow is april fools day ! :D

piney 04-01-2009 12:37 AM

[QUOTE=VTHokie00SL2;1426294]I just want a reliable, affordable, sporty car designed and built in the United States with dent resistant body panels. Give me that, and I'll stop being negative! :)[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="7"]+1[/SIZE][/B]

[FONT="Courier New"]BTW: What is a FOM? Friends Of Man or some sort of counter-culture, subversive group that squelches free speech & tows the company line, however disillusioned, above all? Just curious. [/FONT]

saturn of cary -Jill 04-01-2009 09:28 AM

[QUOTE=piney;1426445][B][SIZE="7"]+1[/SIZE][/B]

[FONT="Courier New"]BTW: What is a FOM? Friends Of Man or some sort of counter-culture, subversive group that squelches free speech & tows the company line, however disillusioned, above all? Just curious. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Isn't it a group that meets at Burning Man once a year??? Just kidding...it stands for Fixed Operations Manager. The service manager.
Cheers,
Jill

Charlie 04-01-2009 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=satfom;1426090]I have been a Saturn employee for 10 years and have been a frequent visitor to this forum, do not post a lot and usually enjoy what people have to say. We are all aware of the situation that both Saturn and GM are in. We are all aware of the changes with Saturn in recent years of becoming GM. We all miss the old days and the old product but guess what, they are not coming back.
There is a small group of individuals who frequent this forum who apparently take pleasure in spreading negativity. They feel the need to make comments regardless of the subject and no matter how little they know about it. Go elsewhere if you have given up and have nothing positive to say. The name of the site is "Saturn Fans" for those who have lost focus. Fan is short for fanatic. I am fanatical about the ongoing existence of this company no matter what GM lays out there for us. Regardless of what product we are selling, we will still have the best group of employees, the best sales experience and the best service experience of any manufacturer out there. Hopefully the economy and customer confidence changes soon and allows us to remain here to further assist our current customer and welcome new members to the family.

Thanks.
Carl Burke-F.O.M./Saturn of Norwood

P.S. Charlie, if you feel this is inappropriate, feel free to do with it as you wish and keep up the great work.[/QUOTE]

Great post!! :)

Thanks,
Charlie

Mary 04-02-2009 12:22 AM

As a consumer ('99 SC1 w/ 68k as of today!) I too am tired of the negativity. So I decided that it's time to look back and remember what a fun, quirky car company it was during its prime! So I dug through my collection of commercials (yes, I collect commercials!) and came up with a handful that advertised the classic S-series which in my mind epitomized the whole Saturn concept of building a quality reliable car for not a whole lot of money, and don't haggle with the customer to get them to buy it. My objective was to not only reflect on the past, but also to try to rekindle that whole feeling of being different from all the other car companies in hopes that another car company will buy-in to the total Saturn concept and not just simply put the nameplate on a bunch of cookie-cutter cars. So for what it's worth, here's the link: [QUOTE]youtube.com/watch?v=uutpRIbRhCA[/QUOTE] Looks like I'm not allowed to post 'live' links so you'll have to cut and paste that into your browser. Enjoy, and tell a friend. :yes:

pmj 04-02-2009 08:39 AM

I don't see anything to be positive about. I was with Saturn when they were "A Different Kind of Company, A Different Kind of Car." They really haven't been about a different kind of car for a few years now, and the current rhetoric from Saturn people in-the-know is all about how they're still a different kind of company. But of course, who cares about the car!

They told us to "Rethink American" as they moved manufacturing out of the US, and now it sounds like the so-called-best conclusion for Saturn is for them to sell re-badged imports.

I appreciate those of you who work/worked for Saturn posting here, but I'm not buying the Kool-Aid. Saturn has become a bunch of upper management and dealers trying to save their jobs, but they clearly don't care about the car. To quote an earlier post, "I just want a reliable, affordable, sporty car designed and built in the United States with dent resistant body panels. Give me that, and I'll stop being negative!"