SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vue Tech (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Hi all.. 04 Vue (remote keyles entry question) (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234016)

RGRG68 03-13-2018 09:40 AM

Hi all.. 04 Vue (remote keyles entry question)

I recently got a 2004 Saturn Vue 2.2 5-speed that didn't have a key Fob with it.. Does anyone know where the key fob module/transmitter might be located? I have no idea if this one had that option added and wanted to check before I try to find a key fob somewhere...I called the GM dealer and gave the vin and he said he "thought it did"..This didn't help at all.. .

Gunz.jones 03-13-2018 12:57 PM

Re: Hi all.. 04 Vue (remote keyles entry question)

Did your Vue have the power package or are all of your locks and windows manual? I don't think there was a between option for that. If it is power everything, then you have keyless entry. Be careful on ordering the remotes on ebay, sometimes all the buttons may not work after programming and you're out that money. There are some sites that you can put your vin in and it will tell you the options that came with your car, although some may be fudged.

fdryer 03-13-2018 02:48 PM

Electric door locking implies remote keyless entry. The body control module serves many purposes, controlling door locks and remote keyless entry are two features. When replacing remotes either from online sources or thru GM, GM is the only dealer other than licensed locksmiths to use GM's Tech II scantool to program bcms to replacement remotes.

SylenThunder 03-13-2018 05:07 PM

My local Ace Hardware offers this now. Last I checked a remote was about $150. They have the GM tool to program them. Keys are about $85 because of the chip.

RGRG68 03-13-2018 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=SylenThunder;2267830]My local Ace Hardware offers this now. Last I checked a remote was about $150. They have the GM tool to program them. Keys are about $85 because of the chip.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up... My Ace doesn't know that a scan tool is.. so.. As for the other question.. It has power windows and locks.. But I would still like to be able to locate the little bugger (module) to be sure.

atikovi 03-13-2018 06:02 PM

No chip in 2006 let alone 04. Programming is for the remote. $24 for a pair of flip key remotes: [url]https://www.ebay.com/itm/302474270308[/url] The blades don't fit but I have the correct ones for sale.

fdryer 03-13-2018 06:15 PM

If I didn't make it clear in my other post, the bcm (in the console near the radio) is the receiver for remotes. It does much more than most imagine and is programmed by GMs Tech II scantool, not anyone's high end reader or scantool unless it has GM software. No antenna connection to see with microwave xmitters/receivers (short distance). Some programs the bcm runs; coordinates all module communications for diagnostics to act as the gateway to the OBD II port, runs all interior/exterior lighting, accumulates mileage for display on the speedo, runs all the instruments except abs and airbags (each has their own module to drive indicators), has Passlock, passes hvac signals to the ecm, and more.

RGRG68 03-13-2018 07:41 PM

[QUOTE=atikovi;2267834]No chip in 2006 let alone 04. Programming is for the remote. $24 for a pair of flip key remotes: The blades don't fit but I have the correct ones for sale.[/QUOTE]
What blades are you talking about? These on ebay need a tech II also don't they?
=

RGRG68 03-13-2018 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=fdryer;2267836]If I didn't make it clear in my other post, the bcm (in the console near the radio) is the receiver for remotes. It does much more than most imagine and is programmed by GMs Tech II scantool, not anyone's high end reader or scantool unless it has GM software. No antenna connection to see with microwave xmitters/receivers (short distance). Some programs the bcm runs; coordinates all module communications for diagnostics to act as the gateway to the OBD II port, runs all interior/exterior lighting, accumulates mileage for display on the speedo, runs all the instruments except abs and airbags (each has their own module to drive indicators), has Passlock, passes hvac signals to the ecm, and more.[/QUOTE]
I figured that's what you meant.. It does it all.. Thanks!

atikovi 03-13-2018 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=RGRG68;2267845]What blades are you talking about? These on ebay need a tech II also don't they?
=[/QUOTE]

I'm talking about the keyblades. Any mid-level generic scan tool can program the remotes but there is a procedure to program them without a scanner that works sometimes.

RGRG68 03-14-2018 08:50 AM

[QUOTE=atikovi;2267848]I'm talking about the keyblades. Any mid-level generic scan tool can program the remotes but there is a procedure to program them without a scanner that works sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Oh ..the actual key blades duh! lol... So do you know which scan tools do work and why do they say only the Tech II GM will? I need a scan tool for all the other vehicles and when I out buying a car ..

atikovi 03-14-2018 10:08 AM

I use Autel MaxiDas DS708. You can probably find used ones on Ebay for under $500.

RGRG68 03-14-2018 10:24 AM

[QUOTE=atikovi;2267906]I use Autel MaxiDas DS708. You can probably find used ones on Ebay for under $500.[/QUOTE]

$500? LOL that's a bit more than I want to pay.. I have a locksmith in the area that will do 2 fobs for $45.. I do need a good scan tool though.. Maybe I can get the wife to go along with it if I tell her no new gun purchases this year..

oldmanina2005vu 03-14-2018 06:11 PM

If you are just looking for keyless entry unit why not look for one on Ebay or Amazon. they are very easy to install and will work great on the Vue if you put in the passlock override module or just bypass it with a resistor. I used a Ready Remote unit that was a combination remote start/ keyless entry unit. Paid a wopping $28 for it on ebay.

RGRG68 03-14-2018 06:33 PM

[QUOTE=oldmanina2005vu;2267946]If you are just looking for keyless entry unit why not look for one on Ebay or Amazon. they are very easy to install and will work great on the Vue if you put in the passlock override module or just bypass it with a resistor. I used a Ready Remote unit that was a combination remote start/ keyless entry unit. Paid a wopping $28 for it on ebay.[/QUOTE]
Do tell!!! I have no idea what stuff I would need,,,Oh..NM Mines a 5-Speed..Needs to have clutch depressed prior to starting..

oldmanina2005vu 03-15-2018 07:48 PM

Just use the keyless entry part of the unit. $28 for the unit with two fobs is pretty cheap. Only three wires need to be attached. One for continuous power, one for lock, and one for unlock. Pretty simple.

RGRG68 03-20-2018 04:37 PM

Well.. Ordered 3 fobs off ebay for $21.. 2 for the saturn and 1 for the wifes car. Local locksmith programmed all for $85... I think that's pretty good.. all work