SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ion General (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   2006 Saturn Ion 2 - High Beams Work, Low Beams Do Not. (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230607)

spacer7767 03-29-2017 01:42 PM

2006 Saturn Ion 2 - High Beams Work, Low Beams Do Not.

Hello,

I have a 2006 Saturn Ion 2. Yesterday, my low beams stopped working, but my high beam do. I have checked for blown fuses, and found nothing wrong. I replaced both headlamps, and still have only high beams.

The low beams worked fine on the previous evening, with no dimming or flickering.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

pierrot 04-03-2017 04:37 PM

Re: 2006 Saturn Ion 2 - High Beams Work, Low Beams Do Not.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]Welcome to SaturnFans, [B][I][COLOR="blue"]spacer7767[/COLOR][/I][/B]!

[B][I][COLOR="red"]Presuming you have no wiring problems[/COLOR][/I][/B], there are two other components which could relate to the loss of the low beams functioning: the headlamp relay and the headlamp/turn signal switch.

When you turn on the headlamp switch do the parking lights, and/or running lights go on or not? [/SIZE][/FONT]

Bradb76 10-30-2018 08:32 PM

I am having the same issue and yes when I turn on my lights my parking lights do come on

pierrot 10-31-2018 02:02 AM

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]As I look back on this original message and reconsider it I'm more inclined to believe that there is a faulty headlight switch here. It seems to me that if the relay had failed there would be no headlamps functioning at all.

BTW, do IONs have [B][U]D[/U][/B]aytime [B][U]R[/U][/B]unning [B][U]L[/U][/B]ights (DRLs)?[/SIZE][/FONT]

Earth2006 10-31-2018 07:44 AM

[QUOTE=pierrot;2285018][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"]As I look back on this original message and reconsider if I'm more inclined to believe that there is a faulty headlight switch here. It seems to me that if the relay had failed there would be no headlamps functioning at all.

BTW, do IONs have [B][U]D[/U][/B]aytime [B][U]R[/U][/B]unning [B][U]L[/U][/B]ights (DRLs)?[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yes and No. You can technically, manually, turn on your yellow parking lights and run these as your daytime running lights (as was designed). As this was what most folks used as daytime running since they were more noticeable than white lights from that time period. However, take note, that in a few states, even though this was by design, it is still a big "no, no" to drive with your parking lights on (which in my opinion is silly).