SaturnFans.com Forums

SaturnFans.com Forums (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls and Questions (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn? (http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25855)

Charlie 10-12-2003 10:02 PM

Have You Ever Let a Friend Drive Your Saturn?

Excluding a spouse, have you ever let a friend drive your Saturn? Would you let them do it again?

10-12-2003 10:25 PM

NOOOOO. I've seen the way my friends drive...

SaturnBaby2 10-12-2003 10:54 PM

when i had my 1991 i let my friend drive it all the time to learn how to drive a stick, he was always afraid of breaking it... but he got used to it and then drove it a lot actually... Now that I have my 2000 I wont even let anyone touch it... even my friend who perfected driving my old sattie... :)

GmG 10-12-2003 11:13 PM

Yes, I let a friend drive my old 92, I haven't had a reason to let him drive the 93 yet, but probably would. He's a careful driver and knows I'd find out if he wasn't being nice to my car.

Most of my friends, no way, I know how they drive, plus my car is probably worth more to me than to an insurance company if something did happen :(

George

XtremeGrandAm 10-12-2003 11:33 PM

I actually let my friend Erin borrow my saturn for a weekend got it back with a flat tire wasnt too happy about that. I never let a friend borrow any of my cars after that

Nuke-Em 10-12-2003 11:54 PM

I've only let my girlfriend drive my current car...no one else knows how to drive stick. As for the other Saturns; I've let friends take them for a spin around the block as long as I'm in the passenger seat. Most of my friends are responsible.

Matt

Spazie 10-13-2003 12:11 AM

I've let my boyfriend drive both of my cars. He was the one driving when the SL died :cry: but I know it wasn't his fault, so I won't hold it against him. I was too tired to drive that night, and told him to keep going when it made funny noises. He's also driven my SC when I just didn't feel like driving, but I trust him completely and he taught me how to drive stick on his car. :)

I've let a couple people drive my SL, including my ex-boyfriend and his sister, when they were both learning how to drive - it was the first car either of them drove!

Wierd enough, one person who has NEVER driven my SC is my mom. I won't let her!! Her driving scares me. She drove my SL only twice in the two years it ran.

Galileo 10-13-2003 08:04 AM

Yes

It doesn't happen too often. Sometimes I'll even let a friend take my SC2 on an errand alone especially if their car isn't as nice as mine. If I'm visiting a friend in a town that I'm not familiar with and they can drive a stick shift, I'll let them drive my car if we can't use their vehicle. It's not really a big deal to me..... sometimes I like being a passenger in my own car. :p

eRic 02sc2 10-13-2003 08:29 AM

yes, i let a friend autocross my saturn. he brought it back with the front brakes smoking! (left foot braker). another friend i let run a session at an open track event in my saturn. that was interesting since i was corner working during that session so i got to watch my own car zooming around the track. back in 1992 when i got my 92 sc new, *everybody* wanted to drive it. it was a novelty.

03VUEAWDVTI 10-13-2003 08:50 AM

Yes, I've let friends drive my vehicles. They have to earn the privelidge of driving my vehicles first as I'm very particular about how my vehicles are driven. Even then, I'm typically in the vehicle while they are driving.

AjaxSL2Guy 10-13-2003 09:13 AM

I let my best friend drive my Saturn sometimes. We sometimes would change cars for the weekend (she works at Saturn with me and usually has a VUE or LW, so sometimes I need the space and she just takes my car. But luckily, both my ex and my current partner can't drive a manual, and I am NOT training them on my car!!!!

Twin_Cam 10-13-2003 11:16 AM

No, come to think of it.

ProDarwin 10-13-2003 11:53 AM

Yes, but not since the tranny swap. My manual trans cars are off limits. I like my clutch. It appears that some people don't.

swoker183 10-13-2003 02:55 PM

yes, i have because i was in no condition to drive

MydnightMyst 10-13-2003 03:47 PM

Other than myself, I have let one other person race my car. Once, at one of the SPC Rallies, I let Lane take the keys to my car and he ran it down the 1/4 mile, cutting a STELLAR light and a pretty good 1/4 mile ET.. He had a great time. I had a wonderful time watching someone else race my car, but in general, I don't even allow the love of my life to drive the car, much less anyone else. I also don't allow the children in it without a lot of supervision. I am pretty "funny" about who is allowed in the car and why....

bennett9000 10-13-2003 03:53 PM

None of my friends know how to drive a stick :p

WKDave3 10-13-2003 04:15 PM

i occasionally let my girlfriend drive it, like if we trade cars for the wknd so I can do work on hers. I taught her how to drive on my truck. I also let one of my friends (staff on the trip) take my car to go get food for the rest of us while on a mission trip. Other than them I rarely let my dad drive my car and will not let my mom drive it...she's not very good with manuals.

IONicSaturn 10-14-2003 12:50 AM

Yes, I have let my best friend drive my Saturn on several ocassions, and he allows me to drive his Altima every so often. It was actually the first car he drove with his driver's license (I got mine a year before him).

mazik 10-14-2003 12:47 PM

excluding my husband, I've let my best friend and my mom drive my car home from me getting my nails done :D

unkle bik 10-14-2003 03:35 PM

i dont have any friends.