PDA

View Full Version : first Turbo

Skyoaks
04-02-2007, 02:17 AM
My first Turbo : Is it normal to hear a whistling sound when you let off the gas? I just noticed this driving in traffic yesterday, my 2nd day with the RL. I have to admit, didn't notice it in the test drive : having too much fun playing with the stereo , (or maybe I just didn't let off the gas very much).

K-1
04-02-2007, 09:24 AM
My first Turbo : Is it normal to hear a whistling sound when you let off the gas? I just noticed this driving in traffic yesterday, my 2nd day with the RL. I have to admit, didn't notice it in the test drive : having too much fun playing with the stereo , (or maybe I just didn't let off the gas very much).Only when you first let off the gas, or while coasting? Assuming there's a blow-off valve in the turbo system, that's probably what you're hearing. It's the extra pressurized air being vented.

fastcarsspeed
04-02-2007, 10:15 AM
My first Turbo : Is it normal to hear a whistling sound when you let off the gas? I just noticed this driving in traffic yesterday, my 2nd day with the RL. I have to admit, didn't notice it in the test drive : having too much fun playing with the stereo , (or maybe I just didn't let off the gas very much).

Yes that is the wastegate letting off excess pressure so as not to hurt the turbo. Since its stock it shouldn't be too loud but definitely audible.

Ritz
04-02-2007, 05:13 PM

It's normal.

Cheers,