PDA

View Full Version : Audio upgrades

clif
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
Has anyone installed an aftermarket audio system, amp, subwoofer, etc in either a Sky or Solstice? I have attempted to have this done but the installer has said that he cannot find any space for either. I need some creative help! My redline does NOT have the Monsoon system and I have not yet been able to find any sort of diagram for where Saturn put things.
Clif

burnout
03-29-2007, 03:17 PM
I have personally seen an indash DVD player installed in a sky at the dealership, so I know its possible.

young james
03-29-2007, 04:57 PM
anythings possible :)

clif
03-29-2007, 05:01 PM
anythings possible :)

Thanks for the heads up. How and where did you fit the woofer and amp? As far as the HU goes, the Sky has a double opening so that part is easy. If you have any photos, diagrams, etc of sub/amp placement I would appreciate them to the max!
Clif

young james
03-29-2007, 07:51 PM
first off, I don't have a sky, lol. I'm just saying everything is possible if you put your mind to it.

For the sub and amp, you could always hide the amp under the seat, or the roof of the trunk if must be to get it out of the way. As for the sub, a simple 10 or even 8" sub will work. You may also want to look at the new line of shallow mount subs from pioneer. I have seen and heard them and was quite impressed. They are designed to fit in real tight spots and don't require a big box to sound good. A lot of people use them in single cab pickups.

Finally for the HU, if it were me, I would keep the stock HU. It really adds to the look of the car and personally, a aftermarket hu in a new car nooks bad imo. Most people claim that the stock HU has low RMS output so you can't get speakers that sound too great running off that. However, there is a way around that. Just get a nice set of componets and amp them up and run them off the HU. So you get your real nice sound, but get to keep the sleek look of the car. You will have another amp to hide, but you can find somewhere to put it. You could also think about a 5 channel amp to run everything off if you wanted, but I wouldn't recommend it because those amps are generally a lot bigger and your limited to options due to a small variety of 5 channel amps.

Again, I don't have the sky but hope this helps somehow :)

still2slow4me
04-06-2007, 04:16 PM
HI Everyone, I just got my new sky and I love it. Ok i just spent over $3,000.00 in Audio upgrades. And let me tell you it was not fun installing. I put in a Kenwood Dnx7100, Focal in doors and behind seat and Sub. 2 amps. So it can be done. It took me about a week to do working about 3 hours a night I will have pictures soon. Now its getting a alram installed. With new upgrades it sounds even better with the top down.

e-sarge
04-09-2007, 10:00 AM
FYI, Saturn puts the subwoofer behind the passenger seat near the bottom (in about the same location as the map pocket is behind the driver seat). There is a bump-out behind that location that you can see from below the vehicle. I'm not sure if that bump-out is there if you didn't order the Monsoon option from the factory.

No idea where they put the amp.

Good luck.

adam.barb
04-14-2007, 07:10 PM
FYI, Saturn puts the subwoofer behind the passenger seat near the bottom (in about the same location as the map pocket is behind the driver seat). There is a bump-out behind that location that you can see from below the vehicle. I'm not sure if that bump-out is there if you didn't order the Monsoon option from the factory.

No idea where they put the amp.

Good luck.

THE AMP & SUB ARE BOLTED TO A MOUNT.
AND THE MOUNT IS SEALED TO THE FLAT SURFCE BEHIND
THE HARD SPEAKER MESH BEHIND THE PASSANGER SEAT.

young james
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM
please turn caps off. We don't know if your pissed off or like using caps:)

adam.barb
04-15-2007, 08:16 AM
please turn caps off. We don't know if your pissed off or like using caps:)

it was just an accident.
is it really that big of a deal.
reason i ask is for future preference.

young james
04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
it was just an accident.
is it really that big of a deal.
reason i ask is for future preference.

No big deal man, just that a lot of people use Caps on forums to show their mood,caps on means your pissed off at someone or something. Get's people confused, lol. :D

Anyways, back to the subject. I see you have a nice car coming to you this summer!

adam.barb
04-15-2007, 02:15 PM
No big deal man, just that a lot of people use Caps on forums to show their mood,caps on means your pissed off at someone or something. Get's people confused, lol. :D

Anyways, back to the subject. I see you have a nice car coming to you this summer!

Well that makes sense,
I appreciate the heads up.

Yes in deed you are right about the car,

Plus I need to update my Signature
I changed my color to Polar White instead of Silver Graphite when I signed the paperwork.

Only 4 1/2 months to go till itís delivered.
I was lucky itís a new dealership so they had no people on order for the 07ís or 08ís.
So I decided to go w/ the 08.
I'm siked Iíll be the 1st w/ an 08 in Virginia.

Plus, I Already purchased the Lambo Doors,
I was able to talk the Dealership into installing them for free.

Over all its going to look pretty fresh coming out of the Dealership Mid August.

young james
04-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Well that makes sense,
I appreciate the heads up.

Yes in deed you are right about the car,

Plus I need to update my Signature
I changed my color to Polar White instead of Silver Graphite when I signed the paperwork.

Only 4 1/2 months to go till itís delivered.
I was lucky itís a new dealership so they had no people on order for the 07ís or 08ís.
So I decided to go w/ the 08.
I'm siked Iíll be the 1st w/ an 08 in Virginia.

Plus, I Already purchased the Lambo Doors,
I was able to talk the Dealership into installing them for free.

Over all its going to look pretty fresh coming out of the Dealership Mid August.

Thats awesome man. Love lambo doors on the sky. Can't go wrong with the free installation either! I assume the 08's look the same as the 07's right? I guess the best thing about the 08 is bragging rights :D

adam.barb
04-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Thats awesome man. Love lambo doors on the sky. Can't go wrong with the free installation either! I assume the 08's look the same as the 07's right? I guess the best thing about the 08 is bragging rights :D

From what I have been told from the Saturn Corperatiion,
there will be no major changes made, accept the reported problems from the 07's.
Now concerning Braggin Rights: Of course there will be tonz of that its man's nature to. LOL.