PDA

View Full Version : Cup holder placement

Harvest
11-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I checked out the SKY when I went looking for an L-series wagon yesterday. WOW!! What a car. Reminds me of the BMW Z4 my father-in-law was gracious enough to let me drive. Anyway, the only complaint that jumped out and bit me was the cup holder. Because of the cramped quarters (I assume) it was necessary to put it BEHIND the driver and passenger. I noticed that, as the driver, you cannot get to your cup with your right hand without first raising your elbow over your head, rotating your shoulder into a weirdposition, and coming down on the cup. I am thin and agile, so I can only imagine what this would entail for a larger person. The remaining option is to reach around your body with your left hand which didn't feel safe AT ALL let alone the comfort of such a move. Anyone else see this as a necessary future change for the SKY?

Uzzy
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone else see this as a necessary future change for the SKY?No! It's a sports car, and as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't have one anyway. The ones in the MX-5 in the door, how convenient is that? I reached with my left, when I sat in one and it felt fine. And I am by no means thin, or agile. :no:

jd11184
11-22-2006, 10:48 AM
Get rid of the cup holders altogether. I wouldnt want a drink spilling out when cornering quickly! :)

jd11184
11-22-2006, 10:52 AM
No! It's a sports car, and as far as I'm concerned, shouldn't have one anyway. The ones in the MX-5 in the door, how convenient is that? I reached with my left, when I sat in one and it felt fine. And I am by no means thin, or agile. :no:

You are absolutely right. This is a car made to drive!

Domino Sky
11-27-2006, 03:16 PM
I'll be too busy shifting to drink anything!:arr: