PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor not coming on

Shadow_tek001
05-21-2014, 01:26 PM
2008 Saturn Sky blower motor wont turn on.
I tested the leads going to it for voltage, and there was 12v but as soon as I put a load on the leads (a 12v bulb) it dropped to 0v.
The blower motor does not turn on at any setting - including high, which from what I understand is the resistor being bypassed completely. So now I'm a bit confused. I jumped the motor with a battery and it spun..... :dizzy:

help please!!! :-(

Edward

fdryer
05-21-2014, 03:17 PM
Does this help?

Shadow_tek001
05-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Does this help?

When I get time to analyse it, it might...Thanks!

Edward

Shadow_tek001
05-22-2014, 10:27 PM
Does this help?

Nope..... I'm no engineer.... so while I do recognize some of this, I still can't figure it out.

Edward.

fdryer
05-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Red (12v pwr) goes to the blower motor. I drew green lines to show the four(4) speeds/ways that connect the blower motor to ground thru four different paths, one is direct for high speed and the other three paths that go thru the resistor card to select three lower speeds. All four paths connect to ground somewhere in the console/HVAC area. While you say you measured for 12v on the plug, ground may be missing/corroded/burned/loose. Ground wires are usually black. Look carefully for blower ground wires. This wire may be burned with blistering on insulation if poor connections are found wherever its connected to the chassis.

Shadow_tek001
05-23-2014, 11:47 AM
Red (12v pwr) goes to the blower motor. I drew green lines to show the four(4) speeds/ways that connect the blower motor to ground thru four different paths, one is direct for high speed and the other three paths that go thru the resistor card to select three lower speeds. All four paths connect to ground somewhere in the console/HVAC area. While you say you measured for 12v on the plug, ground may be missing/corroded/burned/loose. Ground wires are usually black. Look carefully for blower ground wires. This wire may be burned with blistering on insulation if poor connections are found wherever its connected to the chassis.

Dude! thanks man, this helps a lot!

Edward

fdryer
05-23-2014, 02:01 PM
This should be the connector to the blower and pinouts.

Shadow_tek001
05-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Well crap, it's the harness for the resistor pack....

Apparently a common issue, found the same issue on a solstice forum.

High speed control line is melted at the plug.

Thanks for the help!!

Edward.

Shadow_tek001
05-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Here's how I fixed it....

Works great now and cost nothing to fix it this way.

Edward