PDA

View Full Version : How to silence horn on alarm arm/disarm?

Bluesky805
01-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Just got an 07 Sky, and am trying to silence the horn for the alarm on arming and disarming. I went into the onscreen menu and selected horn off, however it still beeps, is there another step I'm missing? I called the Saturn dealer and they said it needs to be brought in for service to be hooked up to their computer to silence. The manual seems to indicate this is a simple user task. Has anyone done this?

Warrenty expires tomorrow and want to make sure its not part of a bigger computer problem.

Thanks

bern
08-14-2010, 12:44 AM
maybe this will help, this is also in the owers manual.

LOCK HORN
If your vehicle has Remote Keyless Entry (RKE), this feature, which allows the vehicle's horn to chirp every time the lock button on the RKE transmitter is pressed, can be enabled or disabled. When LOCK HORN appears on the display, press and hold the reset button for at least one second to scroll through the available settings:

OFF (default): The horn will not chirp on the first press of the lock button on the RKE transmitter. The horn will still chirp on the second press.

ON: The horn will chirp on the first press of the lock button on the RKE transmitter.