PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum

bsheek
03-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,
I am actively car shopping for a used Saturn Sky (not a Redline). I do have a few questions if anyone can be kind enough to answer them.

1-Do all Skys have traction control?
2-I have also noticed that not all Skys have the steering wheel controls for the radio. Is this due to lack of a premium option?
3-Do all Skys have leather interior?
4-Is there anything else I need to know?

Bill

SaturnSdn
03-12-2008, 07:10 PM
1-YES
2-YES
3-No
4-I have no idea what you need to know.

reedred
03-13-2008, 12:32 AM
1- 2008 yes, 2007 Redline only.

4- Sunscreen.

ToledoEngineer
03-13-2008, 08:47 AM
1) As far as I know.
2) Probably.
3) No. That is an option when you buy it, although my dealership mentioned that every single one he had sold had the premium leather seats. And only one sky in the lot (out of six or seven) didn't have them when i bought mine.
4) At 5'11", I have to bend down to look up through my windsheild at the stop lights at some intersections. Although with the top down, it's a ton easier to just look up and over that bar. There's that and this car is amazingly fun to drive.

skydrive
03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Here are the things that surprised/delighted/annoyed me after I got mine:

1. It's a more comfortable daily driver than I ever thought it would be.
2. I LOVE the RWD after so many years of FWD cars.
3. Lowering/raising the top is a little more cumbersome than I'd hoped.
4. Storage is fine despite everyone's *****ing. It's not a minivan!
5. It's commendably quiet top up or down except at highway speeds.
6. No heated seat option is absurd!
7. My kids love it!!

LOVECHILIRED
03-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Go to www.edmunds.com and build the base model. It will give you all of the options.

The only gripe I have about the Sky is that the seat belts are a pain to locate cuz they are so far behind the seats; and that wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have a bad back from playing hockey.

reedred
03-14-2008, 08:50 PM
Go to www.edmunds.com and build the base model. It will give you all of the options.

A fine idea. That won't answer your traction control question though, but I swear to you that it's not on any 07 NA Sky. If you want a used 2.4L and need TC, make sure you get an 08.

The only gripe I have about the Sky is that the seat belts are a pain to locate cuz they are so far behind the seats; and that wouldn't be an issue if I didn't have a bad back from playing hockey.

A set of these might be of interest to you.

http://www.kappasphere.com/products/interior/belt-x-tender.cfm

OnDaGround
07-30-2008, 08:02 AM
hola, welcome to the forum.

quiksc2
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
My 97 Sc2 came with seatbelt extenders, but with how they're integrated with the seatbelt pivot mount made me think they were factory and I never investigated further..